Ireland latest.

My son is flying back to the UK via Dublin. I looked at a couple of links and there is stuff on the locator form that I suspect he will need to complete

Is there an official site that details the entry requirements for passengers who are merely travelling through Ireland rather than staying in the country?

Cheers in advance!

Surely the govt wont back that? NPHET have lost the run of themselves
They’re damned if they do damned if they don’t. The shinners will have a field day either way. Put in the restrictions and they’re screwing the hospitality industry. Don’t put them in and they’re not looking after public health. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’re damned if they do damned if they don’t. The shinners will have a field day either way. Put in the restrictions and they’re screwing the hospitality industry. Don’t put them in and they’re not looking after public health. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I hear what you're saying but 5pm is either draconian or pointless depending on which way you look at it. Businesses wont be able to do any sort of trade but unlikely to get the financial support them need as they're technically still 'open'.

Dead right about the Shinners. Ultimate opposition/populist party. The fact their policies differ on certain things in the North are testament to that

COVID-19: Ireland announces 8pm curfew for hospitality as new COVID rules brought in to halt Omicron surge COVID-19: Ireland announces 8pm curfew for hospitality as new COVID rules brought in to halt Omicron surge
Does the new variant only work from 8pm?
I hear what you're saying but 5pm is either draconian or pointless depending on which way you look at it. Businesses wont be able to do any sort of trade but unlikely to get the financial support them need as they're technically still 'open'.

Dead right about the Shinners. Ultimate opposition/populist party. The fact their policies differ on certain things in the North are testament to that
And that is exactly why they have done it.hope they prove us wrong for the businesses sake. Really sick of this shit again,more complete nonense

Last edited:
Which data would that be?
it's secret stuff that only they have access to...probably from Whitty's Winter Wonderland store of control methods
Governments everywhere seemed to have been subliminally guided into thinking there needs to be a winter tightening of restrictions.That was without Omicron.
Hopefully the new variant will prove to be no more lethal than Delta and we can continue on our path as our numbers are still falling when they really should be rising.
However, i fear the clamour from Lockdown enthusiasts will be too much.
One poll said 83% are salivatng over another lockdown.
Usual suspect degenerates a thread..
I've seen worse...I enjoy debating with him...but each to their own.
He's done that to me before aswell.
Lol.
We have moved on, nice try though.
kudos FF...that's how it works 👍

Last edited:
8pm curfew announced.

And people in England and Wales think they have it bad. Absolute leniency in comparison.
It’s taking the piss now, what are they goi g to achieve

I hope boris holds strong and gives them no money to put them under pressure.

Last edited:
Oh well Irish rules stated I needed a supervised test before entering. Me and the missus went for LFTs up at Newcastle airport at a cost of £78 and me barely drinking on Xmas day as had to drive up for test boxing day morning.

Now on board ferry to Dublin and no one checked for test. No passport check or check of PLF I filled in either.

Whats the point in rules if not enforced? All a bit daft this.

Oh well Irish rules stated I needed a supervised test before entering. Me and the missus went for LFTs up at Newcastle airport at a cost of £78 and me barely drinking on Xmas day as had to drive up for test boxing day morning.

Now on board ferry to Dublin and no one checked for test. No passport check or check of PLF I filled in either.

Whats the point in rules if not enforced? All a bit daft this.

They’ve been doing checks Dublin Port side when I’ve travelled.

Bit late then like.

Aye there was a check - "Lads are ye fully vaccinated? And have you had your test? Yes, all good off you go"

Works on trust obviously.

It’s not, as the check being enforced is by those in Ireland.

Why would you expect the UK border force agency to enforce rules put in by the Irish?

You’re filling in Irish Passenger Locator forms,

It’s not, as the check being enforced is by those in Ireland.

Why would you expect the UK border force agency to enforce rules put in by the Irish?

You’re filling in Irish Passenger Locator forms,
No you've misunderstood. That was the Irish when we passed through the border check.

Literally just asked. No actual verification.

Back