IRA bonfire in Londonderry

I never got the big deal. If you want to call it Derry then called Derry. If you want to call it Londonderry then call it Londonderry.

You mean apart from the massive connotations the ‘London’ part has to those who think Ireland should be united and away from British governance?

I said nigh on the same thing on Saturday.

I know some people who live in Belfast and they’ve said it’s getting worse. Some of the problems stem from republicans and loyalists teaming up for general criminal activity as well.

You mean apart from the massive connotations the ‘London’ part has to those who think Ireland should be united and away from British governance?

I know some people who live in Belfast and they’ve said it’s getting worse. Some of the problems stem from republicans and loyalists teaming up for general criminal activity as well.
Let the Republicans call it Derry and the Loyalist Londonderry.

There was report about a gang in Derry called Republicans Against Drugs attacking drug dealers. One was killed who happened to be was a protestant drug dealer and another from a Republican area of the city. It sounds like it's sectarianism mixed with gangland.

There was report about a gang in Derry called Republicans Against Drugs attacking drug dealers. One was killed who happened to be was a protestant drug dealer and another from a Republican area of the city. It sounds like it's sectarianism mixed with gangland.
I'm my opinion it's less about a united Ireland or British rule and more about money/drugs/guns these days.

Who would have thought that there would be random acts of violence in a country where scores of murderers and terrorists would be released early from prison or in some cases not even go to prison

I never got the big deal. If you want to call it Derry then called Derry. If you want to call it Londonderry then call it Londonderry.

It’s called Londonderry, calling it a different name is a bit stupid. Can you imagine if everyone started calling carlisle Bryan.

Ah but that’s the problem - look at the political boundaries there. The city was gerrymandered so there’s always a unionist majority on the council etc despite there being a catholic (and traditionally republican) majority in terms of population. That’s why there’s always been trouble.

I agree that the current violence is more “crime” than “political” though.

There is twats on both sides and ignorance from some from the south of Ireland and England who know little to fuck all about the situation up there including myself sometimes .

I was at Galway races last week and we ended up chatting and slagging a sound bunch of lads down from the north about GAA. Two English lads decided to jump into the conversation and asked where they were from and when they said they were from northern Ireland one of the English lads commented sure we're all English anyway .
If he said that to a different crowd from the north they would of ended up getting an awful kicking .

Who would have thought that there would be random acts of violence in a country where scores of murderers and terrorists would be released early from prison or in some cases not even go to prison

It’s called Londonderry, calling it a different name is a bit stupid. Can you imagine if everyone started calling carlisle Bryan.

Actually it’s called Derry from the Irish “Doire” which was its original name.

There is twats on both sides and ignorance from some from the south of Ireland and England who know little to fuck all about the situation up there including myself sometimes .

I was at Galway races last week and we ended up chatting and slagging a sound bunch of lads down from the north about GAA. Two English lads decided to jump into the conversation and asked where they were from and when they said they were from northern Ireland one of the English lads commented sure we're all English anyway .
If he said that to a different crowd from the north they would of ended up getting an awful kicking .

Wasn’t there some bother about the GAA refusing to let a ground be used for a concert or something?

Londonderry

Pretty much every signpost I’ve seen there :lol:

Not to my knowledge . There was a bit of bother getting the liam Miller game played in a Gaa pitch but it was sorted out in the end and sold out 48000 tickets .

Aye that was it. Didn’t realise it had been sorted.

Blimey brexit getting the blame for this lot kicking off now:lol:

You’re right. I mean imagine the possibility of a hard border going up in Northern Ireland - something the republicans would be over the moon about. And thank fuck the government isn’t reliant on hardline unionists who voted against the GFA in the first place to survive.

Last edited:
You’re right. I mean imagine the possibility of a hard border going up in Northern Ireland - something the republicans would be over the moon about. And thank fuck the government isn’t reliant on hardline unionists who voted against the GFA in the first place to survive.
They don't need an excuse.

Back