Ipswich town squad size

interesting to see their fans bemoan their lack of creativity and massive holes in the middle of the pitch. Sounds like us up until this season, and yet lots of our fans were screaming for us to spend decent money on Scott Fraser. He's not as good as Embleton or Pritchard.

It's going about as well as Operation Barbarossa for Hitler
Barborossa started off very well for the Jormans from June to mid Dec. Just sayin.
interesting to see their fans bemoan their lack of creativity and massive holes in the middle of the pitch. Sounds like us up until this season, and yet lots of our fans were screaming for us to spend decent money on Scott Fraser. He's not as good as Embleton or Pritchard.
Fraser was injured and Morsey still banned so my mate advised me following muchas pissoiri taking

Last edited:
playing well, will come good
They've conceded the most goals in the league, by a mile. They'll not win a game until they stop hemorrhaging goals every week. Conceded at least 2 goals in every game, and shipped 5 at home to a newly-promoted club last time.

They've conceded the most goals in the league, by a mile. They'll not win a game until they stop hemorrhaging goals every week. Conceded at least 2 goals in every game, and shipped 5 at home to a newly-promoted club last time.
Not had a particularly hard start to the season either. Played all three newly promoted sides already. Also lost at home to Newport in the cup

That's the problem with a salesman like Ashton is everything looks good until you try to use the snake oil. Then when you do there are other reasons for the problems that cloud the picture - the first thing in most fans playbook is sack the manager.

Oxford tried telling us and we were apprehensive about listening to them when we were selling players for considerably more than we ever had before and signing players left right and center. When you're in the middle of it it all makes sense sell players for large amounts, buy more players that (he says) needs only a little development and have lots of competition for places and ready made replacements. This is all fine from the clubs perspective but misses out the human element of players actually wanting to play and what happens when they don't.

If Ipswich fans don't want to listen to us then fair enough IMO, you can't get someone to listen by shouting louder - they certainly know what our experience was. I wouldn't wish ill on them for being blinded by the bright lights of a dodgy salesman and if there was a way of separating there eventual pain from Ashtons then that would be preferable to me, it might take them 3 seasons to realise but they will eventually.

I think the reason we're all over explaining this stuff to Ipswich fans is because in the grand scheme of things we actually quite liked Ipswich before Ashton got there, they are a good traditional club that I can't remember us having any issues with.

That's the problem with a salesman like Ashton is everything looks good until you try to use the snake oil. Then when you do there are other reasons for the problems that cloud the picture - the first thing in most fans playbook is sack the manager.

Oxford tried telling us and we were apprehensive about listening to them when we were selling players for considerably more than we ever had before and signing players left right and center. When you're in the middle of it it all makes sense sell players for large amounts, buy more players that (he says) needs only a little development and have lots of competition for places and ready made replacements. This is all fine from the clubs perspective but misses out the human element of players actually wanting to play and what happens when they don't.

If Ipswich fans don't want to listen to us then fair enough IMO, you can't get someone to listen by shouting louder - they certainly know what our experience was. I wouldn't wish ill on them for being blinded by the bright lights of a dodgy salesman and if there was a way of separating there eventual pain from Ashtons then that would be preferable to me, it might take them 3 seasons to realise but they will eventually.

I think the reason we're all over explaining this stuff to Ipswich fans is because in the grand scheme of things we actually quite liked Ipswich before Ashton got there, they are a good traditional club that I can't remember us having any issues with.
How do you really feel about Ashton though? Generally positive?

We’ve had dozens of other clubs fans on here ower the years explaining how shite our new signing/manager is and that their clubs owners have mugged us etc. Unfortunately most of the time they were proven to be right. No one however wanted to believe them at the time. Myself included. It’s just human nature.

Back