RTG Ipswich Ticket Sales end on Thursday

RTG

Robot
Staff member
This Saturday’s away match at Ipswich will be all-ticket. Tickets will remain on sale subject to availability until 12 noon on Thursday from the SAFC ticket office. After this there will be no further tickets available to SAFC fans. Tickets for the Portman Road match-up are on general sale, priced from £27 for adults, £20 […]

more...

Actually had a look for possibly going with the bairn via train for his 1st away game. Can't get home the same day :lol:

Are the gates automated? Wondering if I can get away with an u23 easy enough...

Heard they're jumpable ala Fulwell esq

Crawlable under, only jumped over them once, was kicked out of the Roker end for singing fuck off to them (with about 5000 others singing I get kicked out :( ) Went round to The Fulwell, it was half time, 4 mags coming up the street decided to give me a chase, got to The Fulwell and asked how much to get in, he said a couple of quid (I think) but climb over the turnstile, just got over and 2 coppers were straight there, "How did you get in?" I paid. paid at an all ticket match Doh, dragged back to the turnstyle, they questioned the lad on the gate who obviously said I had a ticket :) went in and watched the match we drew 1-1

Crawlable under, only jumped over them once, was kicked out of the Roker end for singing fuck off to them (with about 5000 others singing I get kicked out :( ) Went round to The Fulwell, it was half time, 4 mags coming up the street decided to give me a chase, got to The Fulwell and asked how much to get in, he said a couple of quid (I think) but climb over the turnstile, just got over and 2 coppers were straight there, "How did you get in?" I paid. paid at an all ticket match Doh, dragged back to the turnstyle, they questioned the lad on the gate who obviously said I had a ticket :) went in and watched the match we drew 1-1
Glad you weren't ejected like if those skunks were still about

I may have had one or 2 drinks before the game :) that was when they used to come down and take the piss, Withe scored for them first half, the ref held Jeff Clarke back after a foul to talk to him, and let them take it quickly and the Werewolf scored for them from a cross
Think that was the game a mate and I got chased down Dyklands after the game by skunks in a van after scarves

Surprised this hasn’t sold out

The whole thing has been a bit of a joke so I’m not. Communication was shite after the first couple of phases, you couldn’t even buy tickets online for days on end despite them still being available over the phone or in person and the club said absolutely nothing about this or why the online site was fucked. I had to ring up to see what the crack was and got mine during this third phase, but many other struggled getting through saying the phone hangs up after a few rings (it took me a few attempts).

It then announced the game as sold out a few days later but then more tickets have become available, again as far as I know the club have never communicated why they’ve just come out and said ‘tickets are still available’.

Sounds like the ticket office is struggling at the minute, I’ve heard and read a lot of things from season card issues, to fucked up direct debits and to away ticket problems. Needs sorting out.

Last edited:
Notice this one hasn’t sold out. Seems strange to not sell out the first away game of the season and can’t really remember the last time that has happened.

Is that reflective of a hangover from last year? Any usual travellers on here that are not going to bother this year?

To be fair I think a lot is down to location.

Our first away game in the championship the other year was away to Norwich on a Sunday lunchtime and I think we only took 1,000.

The whole thing has been a bit of a joke so I’m not. Communication was shite after the first couple of phases, you couldn’t even buy tickets online for days on end despite them still being available over the phone or in person and the club said absolutely nothing about this or why the online site was fucked. I had to ring up to see what the crack was and got mine during this third phase, but many other struggled getting through saying the phone hangs up after a few rings (it took me a few attempts).

It then announced the game as sold out a few days later but then more tickets have become available, again as far as I know the club have never communicated why they’ve just come out and said ‘tickets are still available’.

Sounds like the ticket office is struggling at the minute, I’ve heard and read a lot of things from season card issues, to fucked up direct debits and to away ticket problems. Needs sorting out.
Crap that like, I honestly thought the owners would be all over this to make as much profit as possible.

Crap that like, I honestly thought the owners would be all over this to make as much profit as possible.

I think it’s likely down to a combination of cost cutting at the ticket office at the same time as the transfer over to Ticketmaster, seems to have caused loads of issues.

Hopefully they’re rectified quickly, poor fuckin Chris Waters the supporters liaison officer has been getting bombarded on Twitter with all kinds of ticketing issues and still the club have said nowt as far as I can see. Even though I managed to get my tickets sorted for Ipswich I’d still be keen to find out why the online site just didn’t bother to add phase 3 for sale and why the club didn’t just let people know they were aware of an issue and to ring up in the meantime, it’s just poor because if you don’t come on here and just rely on SAFC.com and the SAFC social media pages for info, like loads of our support will, you’d have not had any info whatsoever and maybe presumed it sold out after phase 2.

Back