Ipswich fan here - what's League One like lads?

Honestly to most fans reading this it is going to sound like we’re being arrogant as fuck, but I actually agree with the majority of people on here :lol:

I enjoyed it at the start, Luton and Wimbledon away we’re cracking days out for example - but the majority of supporters in this league are weirdly jealous and the football on display is awful. Also the refs are truly terrible.

I don’t know much about Ipswich but I’d imagine you’ll be challenging for the top so I’m sure up until about Christmas you’ll enjoy it, but it will grow old quickly. New grounds are always good though and the Checkatrade Cup has been enjoyable.

Oh and Portsmouth are *****.

I wish we weren’t here. Yes we win more games, but it is not that enjoyable. This place is pretty miserable at the minute. Getting tickets is much harder than it was in the Premier League as allocations are so much smaller. And I’d rather see us loose at Arsenal than at Portsmouth.

Probably the best thing about this league is that with more than a third of the season left, we've already won more League games than in the previous 2 seasons put together. That and the fact that we actually like some of the players in our team now

Aye, this.
Actually not getting beat every week is nice, it ground us down after a while.
The football is 'retro'.
Lots of hit the big men up top.

Worst thing is the time wasting. When we are at home the opposition start from the 1st minute, every goal kick has the keeper strolling around, changing sides.

Plus side.
We had clear out of most high paid non triers and have folk who would have walked here to sign for us.
New stadiums to visit and with a lot of fans travelling then we generally take over the ground....but in a nice way.
Winning/drawing more games.

Negative
The club cant afford to stay here forever so desperate to go up
A lot of away fans think we view ourselves like the filth up the road, so go on about size of club if we fail, or especially if we win
Dont half watch some shite.......including us ;)

Now feck off :lol:

Number of reasons, his tactics, signings, overall arrogant personality, saying shite like ‘I don’t remember Nosworthy wanting to play centre half for me’ and ‘the club have gave me everything I asked for’.

His signings in the Championship were class, given the budget he was working on and his tactics won us the league.

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

What's the general experience like?

Cheers and good luck getting back up
The standard of football is shite, that includes us.

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

Depending on the response of Suporters, Owners and players. For us it has made an immediate and immense difference.

Winning games, rot stopped, everyone enjoying what has been for us so far, a really positive experience. Down to your club and fans, if you do end up here, make of it.

Hard to get used to the difference in lower league players, grounds, crowds and a lot more physical league to play in. Just embrace, enjoy and attempt to get straight out if you can.

Really like ipswich, as one of my best mates is a big fan so I've done a few games with him.
I keep reassuring him he will love league 1!
If you'd told me 5/6 years ago when we were in the prem, that in 5/6 years time we'd be in league 1 and I'd be enjoying myself more than I had in years I'd think u were daft. But it's true. You realise it doesn't matter what league you're in, as long as you're winning games and the players giving 100% and playing like they care!

Obviously Norwich doing well hurts a lot too mind. Well ran club Norwich

Terrible refs; awful, negative, piss taking opponents; garden-shed grounds; woeful quality, and a whole lot of winning. Great time.

The gamesmanship of a lot of teams is something to behold. Time wasting feigning injury getting in the face of the ref to get players booked/ sent off.
Same with some of the managers and touch line staff, trying every dirty trick in the book and then getting the hump big style when we score/ win.

The standard is dreadful you will be chuffed when you recognise anyone on the opposite side. It's shite and a shame to see Ipswich struggling so badly

Back