Iphone battery replacement *RELIABLE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Butcher

Striker
Anyone used a stall or local shop anywhere recently which actually works. My sons phone needs the battery replacing as it keeps conking out on 65% etc. Some places are better than others, any recommends?

Apple.

Sorry, but it's the only way to get it done properly.

Disagree

Bought a kit of amazon and fitted it myself

Piss easy

Get it done by a shop but insist they demonstrate the battery is brand new. I had one sold to me that was a refurb and was dying within hours of a full charge

Anyone used a stall or local shop anywhere recently which actually works. My sons phone needs the battery replacing as it keeps conking out on 65% etc. Some places are better than others, any recommends?
If its an iphone 6 and the phone has a certain code number, it is a known Apple fault with dodgy batch of batteries and Apple change it FOC
My son got his changed for nowt at the Apple store at the Metrocentre last Saturday
Google it

Disagree

Piss easy

Get it done by a shop but insist they demonstrate the battery is brand new. I had one sold to me that was a refurb and was dying within hours of a full charge

You're missing the point. The batteries are easy to source, easy to fit etc. but the batteries themselves are often junk. You can't guarantee you'll get a good 'un. I used to do this professionally and trust me I know!

I have a "mophie" case that goes on my iphone. It's a battery pack so when your battery is low you can turn it on and it will charge your phone.
My advice, don't keep it in your pocket when it's charging. Unless you want to boil your bollocks

You're missing the point. The batteries are easy to source, easy to fit etc. but the batteries themselves are often junk. You can't guarantee you'll get a good 'un. I used to do this professionally and trust me I know!

Fair point and evidenced by the dodgy one I got from the phone shop but the one off amazon was 5 star reviewed and top quality

Fair point and evidenced by the dodgy one I got from the phone shop but the one off amazon was 5 star reviewed and top quality

Don't get me wrong, there'll always be good batteries out there, but if it fails or, worse still, combusts, then you're on your own! After all the recent stuff about li-ion batteries, it amazes me that people are so casual about having no- name Chinese batteries put in their phones worth several hundred pounds!

Don't get me wrong, there'll always be good batteries out there, but if it fails or, worse still, combusts, then you're on your own! After all the recent stuff about li-ion batteries, it amazes me that people are so casual about having no- name Chinese batteries put in their phones worth several hundred pounds!

Yeah that is a risk also

Mind you how much will apple gouge him for!

I knackered connections trying to replace battery , park lane mobiles sorted it but should've just gone to them or apple direct

Yeah that is a risk also

Mind you how much will apple gouge him for!

Lots! That's the downside, but if it burns your leg off, you know where to hop to to complain!

Actually, I'm a lot more concerned about cheap Chinese chargers. I've torn down many of these and some aren't only dangerous to your phone, they are dangerous to your life. Some are criminally unsafe.

500 quid on a phone, 99p on a charger. The mind boggles!

Its a 3 year old iphone 5s, not goin to apple, as i said there must be some reliable "phone fixers" out there.
Why not go to Apple? Irrc it was a common problem, if they don't do it for nowt they'll charge you £100 for a brand new handset. Well worth it imo.

Definitely use a reputable retailer.

Disagree

Piss easy

No wonder you don't call me for posting crap You're even worse than me ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not go to Apple? Irrc it was a common problem, if they don't do it for nowt they'll charge you £100 for a brand new handset. Well worth it imo.
It is a common problem, happened on 3 iphones I have had after about 18 months, just out if guarantee!

If its an iphone 6 and the phone has a certain code number, it is a known Apple fault with dodgy batch of batteries and Apple change it FOC
My son got his changed for nowt at the Apple store at the Metrocentre last Saturday
Google it

Even out of warranty? Mine is playing up and it's doing my tits in. Did he just make an appointment through the website?

Even out of warranty? Mine is playing up and it's doing my tits in. Did he just make an appointment through the website?
Ring the Apple Store, tell them the problem and they'll ask for the code and they will tell you whether it's from the faulty batch of batteries. Luckily my sons was one of them
You can check here it yourself here....

https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/28/apple-how-to-check-iphone-6s-battery-replacement-serial-number/

If it's not one of the faulty batteries I think it's about £69 for a new battery replacement at Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back