iphone 5s screen replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 559

I have had a search on here, and nothing recent, so.......

Any recommendations for an iPhone 5s screen replacement, preferably near Bishop Auckland

already tried switching it on and off, formatting it, and shitting in its knicker drawer

I have had a search on here, and nothing recent, so.......

Any recommendations for an iPhone 5s screen replacement, preferably near Bishop Auckland

already tried switching it on and off, formatting it, and shitting in its knicker drawer

You can buy an LLTrader one for around £22 on amazon and change it over pretty easily. Take the two screws at the bottom out - lift the screen carefully from the bottom watching not to break the home button cable, swap camera and home button over and then seat the new one and pop the screws back in. Surprisingly easy to do if you are prepared.

Last time someone went to a third party round our work, it cost £60, was a flimsier screen which broke within two weeks, and the company tried to sell them all sorts of shite like new home button assemblies whilst doing the job. Job took them 3 weeks.

You can buy an LLTrader one for around £22 on amazon and change it over pretty easily. Take the two screws at the bottom out - lift the screen carefully from the bottom watching not to break the home button cable, swap camera and home button over and then seat the new one and pop the screws back in. Surprisingly easy to do if you are prepared.

Last time someone went to a third party round our work, it cost £60, was a flimsier screen which broke within two weeks, and the company tried to sell them all sorts of shite like new home button assemblies whilst doing the job. Job took them 3 weeks.
This. Order the screen, watch a youtube tutorial and dee it yourself.

This. Order the screen, watch a youtube tutorial and dee it yourself.

any special tools required?

I wouldn't replace one again myself , park lane mobiles would be my recommendation
Why not? I've done loads. As long as you're careful and take your time it's relatively simple like.

iPad screens are a little messier and tricky just due to their size but iPhones are easy.

Why not? I've done loads. As long as you're careful and take your time it's relatively simple like.

iPad screens are a little messier and tricky just due to their size but iPhones are easy.

I took my time and thought I was being careful but still managed to knack the wifi antenna and snapped a connector - do you have tiny hands ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back