Inzaghi

Kermit

Midfield
So on MOTD there, Ancelotti just said when he manged Inzaghi he scored 300 goals, 210 of which were with one touch. An incredible stat, but not one that appears to be borne out by the facts? Wiki says Inzaghi scored only 197 goals? But Ancelotti doesnt strike me as a Walter Mitty type.

So on MOTD there, Ancelotti just said when he manged Inzaghi he scored 300 goals, 210 of which were with one touch. An incredible stat, but not one that appears to be borne out by the facts? Wiki says Inzaghi scored only 197 goals? But Ancelotti doesnt strike me as a Walter Mitty type.

Wiki only shows league games in the summary bit at the top but still expect he hasn't a clue.

Wiki only shows league games in the summary bit at the top but still expect he hasn't a clue.

Possibly, whenever i watched Inzaghi i always thought he was sh*te. When mickey gray was described as Mr Perpetual Motion, Inzaghi could have been described as Mr Perpetually Offside. One of those players i thought was absolute sh*te but his stats suggest otherwise.

Possibly, whenever i watched Inzaghi i always thought he was sh*te. When mickey gray was described as Mr Perpetual Motion, Inzaghi could have been described as Mr Perpetually Offside. One of those players i thought was absolute sh*te but his stats suggest otherwise.

I thought he was class tbh. Especially duting rhe Juve Del Piero and Zidane years.

Loads of people used to think Zlatan was shite anarl until they saw his career stats.

I thought he was class tbh. Especially duting rhe Juve Del Piero and Zidane years.

Loads of people used to think Zlatan was shite anarl until they saw his career stats.
Its all about opinions though isnt it? Everyone has seen a footballer in a top team and from their perspective they can't understand why they are there.... Yet they are. And they wouldn't be if they really were sh*te. Maybe they just dont appeal you and show the qualities you look for in a good player.
I love fergies quote about him

He was born offside

From memory it really was incredible. Must have been really frustrating for team mates, but he scored goals.

Last edited:

The whole Milan squad thought he was shite when he first joined their squad. They were laughing at how bad he was.

I think Cruyff summed him up best "he can't actually play football, he just knows how to be in the right place at the right time".

That's not to say, positioning and awareness should be so underappreciated, just that technically he wasn't all that.

Last edited:

Listened to a Gazetta podcast about him a while back and apparently when he first signed for Milan his team-mates couldn't believe how bad he was in terms of his all-round footballing ability but as soon as he got half a chance inside the box he was lethal.

Its all about opinions though isnt it? Everyone has seen a footballer in a top team and from their perspective they can't understand why they are there.... Yet they are. And they wouldn't be if they really were sh*te. Maybe they just dont appeal you and show the qualities you look for in a good player.

From memory it really was incredible. Must have been really frustrating for team mates, but he scored goals.

Yeah I agree. I think some people judge players on what they don't do rather than what they do.

Such as people who complain about defensive midfielders not scoring enough goals.

This crack about the milan players thinking he was sh*te is interesting. I didnt know that but it proves i am in tune with the greatest footballing brains on the continent. :lol:

Yeah I agree. I think some people judge players on what they don't do rather than what they do.

Such as people who complain about defensive midfielders not scoring enough goals.
...and left backs who can't defend...😉
This crack about the milan players thinking he was sh*te is interesting. I didnt know that but it proves i am in tune with the greatest footballing brains on the continent. :lol:
I never rated him as a team player and he never seemed involved at all, scored goals though, always thought Ian Rush a bit like that, unbelievable stats though just basically a goal lagger.

Last edited:
Wiki has him with 197 league goals, and 28 National team goals = 225 He will have scored a fair few in the Italian Cup, and European Cup games too. 300 won't be far away.
Elsewhere it says he scored 313 goals. Apparently 70 European club goals

Last edited:

Back