Invite applications or permission for formal approach?

I'm confused. Robbins seems to think he's been offered the job, in which case whoever does get offered it is going to feel like the bridesmaid. If we make a formal approach surely it doesn't necessarily mean we want that person as manager but that we'd like to talk to him? My take is that we'd prefer somebody doing a sterling job at another club and snatch him away rather than a dole wallah. Anybody shed any light?

I'm confused. Robbins seems to think he's been offered the job, in which case whoever does get offered it is going to feel like the bridesmaid. If we make a formal approach surely it doesn't necessarily mean we want that person as manager but that we'd like to talk to him? My take is that we'd prefer somebody doing a sterling job at another club and snatch him away rather than a dole wallah. Anybody shed any light?
Robin's basically just admitted that hes not up to the job yet and he was only one on a shortlist anyway, so it's hardly big news.

Harold? Ted?

Thats it, and now Coventry and Robbins can run around claiming what a massive club they are because they wouldnt let him come here :) They get some kind of hard on mentioning Sunderland. All the teams in this division do

I don’t even think we’ll have approached them. A new contractdrafted and agreed in less than a day seems unlikely and what better way to endear yourself to the fans more than saying another club was after you.

Back