Invest In Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could see the benefit of you stick at it for 10 years+ so that we'd get them as they get to 18 and a looking for a European club.

You also have to 'buy' the agents as well, special relationship or not, as the players will be pushed to whoever crosses the agents palm with illegal silver.

Isn't the problem with this that 2 years later (when we are ready to move them into the first team squad) they retire aged 45??

It's never wise to invest in Africa. Corruption is rife in too many places
Personally investing anywhere in anything is pure pot luck unless
Its with close family members or very trusted friends..or
You have insider knowledge which is illegal.
We have a current president of the usa who has filed for administration at least 4 times to avoid paying his bills and left thousands of investors and creditors seriously out of pocket.
If he was president of somalia or rwanda etc I could reasonably understand it..but the usa?

Was looking for sponsor logos because we've released images of our new kit and Wonga's sponsorship is (thankfully) up, and I stumbled upon an image by sportingintelligence.com which detailed the Premier League clubs sponsors and Sunderland's Invest In Africa sponsors caught my eye.

Logon or register to see this image

What was the deal here? Was it a way to promote Sunderland AFC to African companies like Bidvest?

People on here spend days on end wasting their time discussing our published accounts. Why? Totally irrelevant to what's really going on.

It was promoted as if we were getting a guaranteed £20m per year from it, but didn't Miliband say it was effectively a pyramid scheme? The amount we made depended on the number of other investors that signed up, hence "up to" £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back