Invest In Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

tota

totally correct

dont mention the hotel to Martin Bain for christ's sake he will explode on Tuesday gone there were 7 guests staying there inc Martin Bain and 9 staff worked im sure one of the lads on the bar is on here he can confirm that
Doesn't surprise me at all about the hotel.

I remember thinking when we were encouring investment in Africa if we ever invested in Africa ourselves.

We were led to believe it was a special relationship at the time but it seems now that we got nothing in return. No wonder we're almost commercially redundant. At least I suppose our directors got the chance to tick a few more destinations off their bucket list at the club's expense.

Surely Invest in Wearside would have been a more appealing slogan. Or Invest in Sunderland AFC for that matter!
If you pay tax then you invest in Africa mate.

I'm sure all the "Invest in Africa" stuff was probably a tax write off... besides, the way I hear it was that Tullow wanted to get others interested in joining them in that scheme.... which never happened... but it did promote the Sunderland name... I know coz I was working there at the time....
As far as I know all that ever happened was Quinny visited for a few days and was hosted by the high-ups - there were even photos of him playing keepy-uppy in a Accra hotel iirc.... and that was about it... Seemed to die a death after that.....

tota

totally correct

dont mention the hotel to Martin Bain for christ's sake he will explode on Tuesday gone there were 7 guests staying there inc Martin Bain and 9 staff worked im sure one of the lads on the bar is on here he can confirm that

First I have heard of a hotel. The club must have been pissing some money down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back