Invest In Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could see the benefit of you stick at it for 10 years+ so that we'd get them as they get to 18 and a looking for a European club.

You also have to 'buy' the agents as well, special relationship or not, as the players will be pushed to whoever crosses the agents palm with illegal silver.

We have partnerships with Bidvest Wits F.C., Asante Kotoko and El-Ittihad El-Iskandary. Well if we haven't we've fucked them off on the quiet. Not sure they've helped in landing a single youth player to our books but I know those who weren't dual nationality with France were to go Lierse S.K first to acquire their work visa quicker.

Apart from the Bidvest sponsorship it looks like it's been an exercise that's cost us more to put in than we've got out.

It's never wise to invest in Africa. Corruption is rife in too many places
ask Quinny lol

I could see the benefit of you stick at it for 10 years+ so that we'd get them as they get to 18 and a looking for a European club.

You also have to 'buy' the agents as well, special relationship or not, as the players will be pushed to whoever crosses the agents palm with illegal silver.
ok this is what happened with invest in Africa farce
our hair bloke Hutchinson had 5 holidays at various parts of the African continent and set up a trust under our club name to try to get companies to invest in what the hair thought were great investment projects.
Well as we all know from what Mr Bain found out ANOTHER WASTE OF OUR MONEY BUT HE GOT A GREAT TAN why did we change shirt sponsors so quick why did most of the bidvest advertising stop i will leave that up to you to work out, and finally who do you think signed it all off, Glad Rags Mags Byrne.
Then there's the hotel !!!!!!

Last edited:
tota
We have partnerships with Bidvest Wits F.C., Asante Kotoko and El-Ittihad El-Iskandary. Well if we haven't we've fucked them off on the quiet. Not sure they've helped in landing a single youth player to our books but I know those who weren't dual nationality with France were to go Lierse S.K first to acquire their work visa quicker.

Apart from the Bidvest sponsorship it looks like it's been an exercise that's cost us more to put in than we've got out.
totally correct

I think our commercial director was played like one...
dont mention the hotel to Martin Bain for christ's sake he will explode on Tuesday gone there were 7 guests staying there inc Martin Bain and 9 staff worked im sure one of the lads on the bar is on here he can confirm that

Last edited:
When we signed that deal it was probably the last time we actually had an identity - signing African players who were well-known on their own continent but had never had the opportunity to play in the Premier League. We got our hands stung when Gyan left & gave up on it - although we kept on crowing on about "expanding our fanbase" in Africa despite not really doing anything. Then, when our big African sponsorships ended, we went back to signing Africans again.

Completely baffling.

I thought Gyan was pre invest in africa? Sure we were sponsored by Tombola when Gyan played for us.

ask Quinny lol

our hair bloke Hutchinson had 5 holidays at various parts of the African continent and set up a trust under our club name to try to get companies to invest in what the hair thought were great investment projects.
Well as we all know from what Mr Bain found out ANOTHER WASTE OF OUR MONEY BUT HE GOT A GREAT TAN why did we change shirt sponsors so quick why did most of the bidvest advertising stop i will leave that up to you to work out, and finally who do you think signed it all off, Glad Rags Mags Byrne.
There is no way on f***ing earth ellis short wasnt neck deep in this no way at all.

Not sure if the op can still be classed as a Sunderland supporter as he seems to be against everything around and about the club.

Invest in africa paid for the privilege of the bibs......who cares if they were diamond smugglers or payday lenders?

Something very fishy about the op's non stop denegration of ALL things sunderland.

Didn't you lads get £20 million a season from that? I remember seeing it reported at the time as like the 4/5th biggest sponsership deal in the league :lol:

ask Quinny lol

f***ing hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back