Intolerance

My apologies. I was thrown by this badly worded paragraph:

Riddi Viswanathan, student union diversity officer, said elected members representing students felt Kipling was "not in line with our values", singling out his poem The White Man's Burden.

He’s still a racist mind but much less of an issue than I first thought, I concede.
Even if he was a racist, which is debatable, should his entire body of work be viewed as irrelevant? Will I be besmirched if I watch the Jungle Book?

Even if he was a racist, which is debatable, should his entire body of work be viewed as irrelevant? Will I be besmirched if I watch the Jungle Book?

No, but it is perhaps not appropriate to plaster it all over a public place.

Judging historical figures by todays standards is plainly idiotic

He died nine years before Hitler did. Should Hitler be judged by the standards of his time as well?

When I saw what they had done I felt like ripping their heads off. When one of their generation actually can demonstrate as much intelligence as Kipling had, they just might be fit to lick his boots, but not now. Utter snowflakes, if they didn’t like what they saw then they should have gone to their safe place with the rest of the closed minded bastards. And the university apologised to them! I would have sent them down permanently as unfit for education.

When I saw what they had done I felt like ripping their heads off. When one of their generation actually can demonstrate as much intelligence as Kipling had, they just might be fit to lick his boots, but not now. Utter snowflakes, if they didn’t like what they saw then they should have gone to their safe place with the rest of the closed minded bastards. And the university apologised to them! I would have sent them down permanently as unfit for education.

This is as snowflakey as them though surely? You’ve just posted a proper aggressive rant, denying an entire generation has any intellectual capability all because a small group of people defaced something they deemed to be glorifying a racist.

You’re a snowflake because they’ve offended YOUR sensibilities and you’ve proper ranted about it.

Back