Interview Under Caution

Obviously a case of shoulder to hand! My reading of the situation is that the OP had his hand out, palm down, gesturing for everyone to calm down when the person on the sofa deliberately assaulted him with her shoulder. The OP should pursue this further until a grovelling apology is received.

In reality if it's going to get more stupid then give a mealy mouthed apology and have nowt to do with the person again.

Didn't @janiep win @Cowvahlo's court case for him? And he only had to sell his house and best friend to pay her fees.

Sounds like she's needed here, like.

(Poor Alfie. He really didn't like the look of the Chinese bloke with the big pan of hot water:()

Most of the above is typical bollocks from the armchair lawyers of the SMB.

An allegation of assault has been made against you and needs to be investigated. The process for that is by you being interviewed. That can be done by either arresting you or a caution plus three interview. To be arrested under PACE one of the conditions under code G must be met, in this case they probably aren't. The caution + 3 will take place by appointment suitable for both you and the investigating officer at a police station. If you don't attend the agreed appointment or keep refusing to cooperate with arranging one then code G becomes applicable and you will be liable to arrest. The +3 bit relates to, you are not under arrest, you are free to leave at any time, and you are entitled to legal advice. If you do choose to leave then again one of the parts of code g potentially becomes active and you are liable to be arrested.

The letter of apology part comes from community or restorative justice/resolution, the name varies force to force but is the same thing. It is designed for lower level offences where the suspect admits their guilt. Rather than the case going to court which is very expensive and time consuming, it is an out of court disposal. It can be a variety of things, shoplifters being banned from premises, apologies for crimes, repairing damage etc.

Would my video be acceptable as a form of apology? ;)

I'd tread carefully in case there's someone gunning for a charge. I certainly wouldn't be apologising or even admitting touching the woman.

I wouldn't say too much about it on here as there might be people close to the loop.

Don't worry about that mate, there are no Police on here that i know of. But if there are, i'm sure they are a great bunch of lads. This lass you nutted ? She wasn't up the duff was she ?

What difference would that make? A person doesn't need to have been spoken to in order to become a suspect

What video?

How?

There’s no evidence of a crime currently?

All you have is somebody’s word. They maybe lying.

Do you not have to establish a crime took place before a suspect can be identified?

How?

There’s no evidence of a crime currently?

All you have is somebody’s word. They maybe lying.

Do you not have to establish a crime took place before a suspect can be identified?

When a person reports a crime to the police it will be treated as a crime unless on the balance of probabilities the did a crime did not occur or there is available evidence to show that the crime did not occur? Have a read of the home offence counting rules.

If the person has blatantly lied then they may be investigated for wasting police time

Any body ever been subject to one?

During a family dispute last week I (allegedly) shoved someone - they phoned the police.

This happened 11 days ago and I assumed they had thought the claim of assault was stupid as they never came to my house on the day despite it being 30 seconds around the corner from where the argument took place.

Officer came to my house yesterday while I was out and told person there he'd ring today to arrange time to come back and conduct interview. He also said I might be required to write a letter of apology to the 'victim'.

Any ideas? Obviously I've got a bag packed, ready to flee the country.
Same happened to me but was with a wanka neighbour over parking wars.
Copper was a right one, proper little man syndrome. Ended up with one of those PIN things which i refused to sign. Little copper even tried to give one to our 13yo lad for simply saying we were provoked.Say nowt and sign nowt mate.

Back