Interview Under Caution

Fletch73

Midfield
Any body ever been subject to one?

During a family dispute last week I (allegedly) shoved someone - they phoned the police.

This happened 11 days ago and I assumed they had thought the claim of assault was stupid as they never came to my house on the day despite it being 30 seconds around the corner from where the argument took place.

Officer came to my house yesterday while I was out and told person there he'd ring today to arrange time to come back and conduct interview. He also said I might be required to write a letter of apology to the 'victim'.

Any ideas? Obviously I've got a bag packed, ready to flee the country.

During a family dispute last week I (allegedly) shoved someone - they phoned the police.

This happened 11 days ago and I assumed they had thought the claim of assault was stupid as they never came to my house on the day despite it being 30 seconds around the corner from where the argument took place.

Officer came to my house yesterday while I was out and told person there he'd ring today to arrange time to come back and conduct interview. He also said I might be required to write a letter of apology to the 'victim'.

You are under no obligation whatsoever to write a letter of apology, might be wise to though.

Doubt the police have any authority to tell you to do this.

Also, if they accused you of doing something you would deny in court they have actually slandered you - you're protected by the DPA and they should not be talking to anybody other than you about anything concerning you.

Say fuck all , and no way can they make you write a letter of apology , interview under caution simply means anything you say can be used as evidence , so say nowt and they will need to disclose the allegations in full , then if you want to respond see a solicitor and make a prepared statement

For pushing someone?:lol:

You are under no obligation whatsoever to write a letter of apology, might be wise to though.
The relative whose house it kicked off in is in bad health and was hospitalized yesterday with chest pains. I'm minded to do anything just to make this go away for him.
However, the person making this claim is an absolute c**t who would hold it over me.
I've also got a big problem with admitting in any way I've been physical toward a woman, which I'd never be.

They can’t tell you to apologise, they won’t be interested anyway just say nothing

Say nowt. Free brief available probably, might be shite. I wouldn't accept the caution, they will want you to to tick a box and put it to bed. Good luck, hope you won your fight like...

Ah didn't read it properly. A woman! Take it back about winning :lol:

The relative whose house it kicked off in is in bad health and was hospitalized yesterday with chest pains. I'm minded to do anything just to make this go away for him.
However, the person making this claim is an absolute c**t who would hold it over me.
I've also got a big problem with admitting in any way I've been physical toward a woman, which I'd never be.

Never admit that marra.

Back