Internet Speed Checks - Getting What You Pay For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Man

Midfield
May be SEB but ... I got Bloody Terrible package installed last October.
Got the landline, Vision, Net
With this provider if your phone line goes down you lose all your services.

I'm not a big fan of TV these days as I spend most of my time online, It wasn't until last Month that I actually decided to watch a bit TV on Netflix via this provider.

When I was watching anything I kept getting buffering logo thing at the most annoying times and quite frequently throughout viewing, so I rang the Bloody Terrible Customer service and arranged for engineer visit etc.

Engineer came and tested all stuff and turns out it was a dodgy router, so short story is I got refunded only from day I made complaint, if I didn't notice this without getting problems with TV I'd have been none the wiser!

The Questions are do you get the speed you are paying for ?
and do you check to make sure.

I used the site the engineer recommended http://www.speedtest.net/
He was getting 50 meg on his doofer, I was getting 12 meg on my puter yet paying for 40meg!

I'll be checking more frequently now.

I've got BT normal internet. Get just under 6mps. (they claim it's just over) They're upgrading it for free next month to 17 mps (so will probably get about 15mps)
I say 'free' their standard broadband just also happens to go up £2 next month also
That said it'll still be better value than what the OP gets

We pay for 50mb and those tests usually say we get 15-25mb. It does what we want although I use it as leverage every time Virgin try to increase prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back