Internet Annoyances

having to give a bastard email address to buy anything online....just to get bombarded with shite and have waste time unsubscribing.....from something I never knowingly subscribed to anyway....get fucked.

oh and Br@zzers not being free.....apparently.....so a mate told me.
Yep. The amount of times I've selected the "I never signed up for these emails" option on the unsub page ffs.

Adverts on nearly everywhere drives me insane. Find them so intrusive and annoying

Brave browser does a canny job in blocking a lot of them like

having to give a bastard email address to buy anything online....just to get bombarded with shite and have waste time unsubscribing.....from something I never knowingly subscribed to anyway....get fucked.

Just set up a Hotmail / Outlook account for all that shit. Then never give out your personal email to anybody other than important stuff.

Get a gmail account e.g [email protected]
When you give your email give it as [email protected]
Create a rule in gmail to shift anything to that address to another folder.
Nice and easy.

Full details here: How to Use the Infinite Number of Email Addresses Gmail Gives You

#1. These GDPR pop ups and acceptance of cookie pop ups absolutely do my f***ing nut in. Fuck off man
#2. Adverts on f***ing everything but mainly bastard YouTube

Yours?
Not adverts on YouTube but the insistence to keep asking if you want to sign up to a free trial of YouTube music. I’ve said no the last 100 times, get the message.

YouTube content is canny but the platform is a bit shite these days.
Youtube Vanced :cool: Nee adverts and you can also use your phone as normal without having to leave Youtube on the screen ;)

What, the news website I'm reading for 10 seconds, never to come back to?
Pretty sure I can read text without a billion cookies, all of which are linking to eachother in order to track me, my interests, and then present me with adverts.

This isn't tin-hat, that's exactly what's going on here.

exactly.
That's right, but I don't get the problem, Why wouldn't you want relevant adverts?

I don't want every company on the internet to know what my interests are, funnily enough.
That is tin hat through and through.

There isn't an office full of people laughing at your browsing history. You're talking about 1' and 0's on a hard drive with a program choosing which adverts are best suited.

What are your interests that need to be kept so secret?

What are your interests that need to be kept so secret?
You really don't know how the internet actually works do you? How companies have a pixel on another website so that they can track you (entirely legally). And how companies compile this data (legally) and share it around.
I shared a post recently on here about talking to someone about hotels in Ibiza (for a wedding). I hadn't been to Ibiza in 10 years, but immediately afterwards I was faced with page after page of ads for hotels in Ibiza.

Everything really is being tracked, and sooner or later, it'll start to be used against people - if it isn't already.

Why does any care about cookies? If you reject all, the website won't work as well.

Very true, but the law says we can't store cookies on your device without your permission. Hence the stupid popups that have to be placed on any site that accepts any input/login or carries adverts.

What‘s worse is that the only way we know you have already accepted the terms next time you visit is by setting a cookie in your browser - and of course we can’t do this if you have declined to accept them. So anyone that declines gets asked again each time they visit!

Everything really is being tracked, and sooner or later, it'll start to be used against people - if it isn't already.

I am keeping a log of everywhere you have visited ;)

You really don't know how the internet actually works do you? How companies have a pixel on another website so that they can track you (entirely legally). And how companies compile this data (legally) and share it around.
I shared a post recently on here about talking to someone about hotels in Ibiza (for a wedding). I hadn't been to Ibiza in 10 years, but immediately afterwards I was faced with page after page of ads for hotels in Ibiza.

I understand the internet in great depth. I work in IT and have done for 30 years on some of the largest systems in the country.

you are paranoid, cookies are harmless.

Get a gmail account e.g [email protected]
When you give your email give it as [email protected]
Create a rule in gmail to shift anything to that address to another folder.
Nice and easy.

Full details here: How to Use the Infinite Number of Email Addresses Gmail Gives You
What is this sorcery? I'm using that fucker from now on!!
Not so much internet but Windows... when you load more than one application and one takes a little while to load. I want to work in the application that is on my screen not keep having fecking login boxes and display boxes pop up all the time and grab the focus. If anybody knows of a way of stopping this I'd love to know.
Absolutely this - was on nights last week and doing some exchange upgrades and was sitting watching the progress bar - i was doing other bits at the time and ended up wondering why it was taking so long - the "click finish" notification box had popped up but it was sitting behind the progress bar - FFS why cant that be up front over the top of the app

Last edited:
I am keeping a log of everywhere you have visited ;)
No wonder you need more money for servers :lol:
I understand the internet in great depth. I work in IT and have done for 30 years on some of the largest systems in the country.

We'll have to disagree. I don't think you realise how cookies are being used today. They're not really being used to remember settings for a website anymore. They're being used to capture and transmit data to 3rd party websites.
What is this sorcery? I'm using that fucker from now on!!
Yeah, loads of the big email providers do this. Its called plus addressing, IIRC.
this puts it better than I have

Last edited:
No wonder you need more money for servers :lol:

We'll have to disagree. I don't think you realise how cookies are being used today. They're not really being used to remember settings for a website anymore. They're being used to capture and transmit data to 3rd party websites.

Yeah, loads of the big email providers do this. Its called plus addressing, IIRC.

this puts it better than I have
I’m quite comfortable that I do. I was working on an issue with cookies and JWT tokens today. What data do you think they are transmitting to third parties? Remember they are a max of 4K.

also do you understand the amount of processing and bandwidth required to listen to your conversations on your phone, not to mention it would pick up all background noise from TVs etc.

Those f***ing click bait adverts that are generated at the bottom of news articles are irritating. As if anyone normal is going to click on those.

They are still really being used to remember settings for a website. There isn’t really any other way. Of course you are equally correct that they are extensively used for tracking.

Browser fingerprinting is also extensively used for tracking and that doesn’t need you to accept cookies, although the browser creators have taken some steps to prevent this recently.

Its worth taking a look at

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

They are still really being used to remember settings for a website. There isn’t really any other way. Of course you are equally correct that they are extensively used for tracking.

Browser fingerprinting is also extensively used for tracking and that doesn’t need you to accept cookies, although the browser creators have taken some steps to prevent this recently.

Its worth taking a look at

https://panopticlick.eff.org/
Yeah, of course. But also of course, when I was speaking earlier, I was clearly talking about their other use. I understand when people say "what have you got to worry about", but imo, privacy is a right and we should never lightly give up any of our rights.

Back