Internet Annoyances

#1. These GDPR pop ups and acceptance of cookie pop ups absolutely do my f***ing nut in. Fuck off man
#2. Adverts on f***ing everything but mainly bastard YouTube

Yours?
Not adverts on YouTube but the insistence to keep asking if you want to sign up to a free trial of YouTube music. I’ve said no the last 100 times, get the message.

YouTube content is canny but the platform is a bit shite these days.

#1. These GDPR pop ups and acceptance of cookie pop ups absolutely do my f***ing nut in. Fuck off man

Yours?
Adblock Plus extension for your internet browser.

Obviously set it to not block adverts on the smb to keep this lovely place up and running!

Last edited:
Why the fuck were they not forced to use the same form, and have "Reject all" as a simple one-click solution. The fuckers have "accept all" on a single button.

That way there could be a browser addon that could take care of it for you.

Yep, pisses me off too.
Not adverts on YouTube but the insistence to keep asking if you want to sign up to a free trial of YouTube music. I’ve said no the last 100 times, get the message.
Yep, another annoying one.

Not so much internet but Windows... when you load more than one application and one takes a little while to load. I want to work in the application that is on my screen not keep having fecking login boxes and display boxes pop up all the time and grab the focus. If anybody knows of a way of stopping this I'd love to know.

Not so much internet but Windows... when you load more than one application and one takes a little while to load. I want to work in the application that is on my screen not keep having fecking login boxes and display boxes pop up all the time and grab the focus. If anybody knows of a way of stopping this I'd love to know.
If you ask Microshit, they claim they removed this "feature" in Win 7. Lies!

To be fair, that’s most likely the application doing that rather than the OS.

The Northern Echo website is shocking, asking you to sign up and pay to read it online, fuck off. Also there is surveys on there which keep asking you to complete

Yours?
With you on that
- Do you want to accept cookies? Whatever, just go away with the banner across the site
- Do you want to enable notifications from this site in your browser? No, go away
- Do you want to register an account on this site? No, let me through to the site
- (On a tablet) Do you want to install the app for this site or continue in the browser? No, let me through to the site.
- Do you have 5 minutes to take a survey about this site? No, what is the f**** point in me doing a survey when I have connected to your site for the first time and can't see the damn thing?
- Finally get through to the site, see it is not quite what you were looking for, immediately hit back only to find they have put a bit of javascript in that loops you back to the page you are trying to leave.
- Or get through to the side and see it is in the modern style of very little information but some big pretty photo banners and have to scroll down a few screenfulls in search of content.

Why the fuck were they not forced to use the same form, and have "Reject all" as a simple one-click solution. The fuckers have "accept all" on a single button.

That way there could be a browser addon that could take care of it for you.

Yep, pisses me off too.

Yep, another annoying one.
Why does any care about cookies? If you reject all, the website won't work as well.

Why does any care about cookies? If you reject all, the website won't work as well.
What, the news website I'm reading for 10 seconds, never to come back to?
Pretty sure I can read text without a billion cookies, all of which are linking to eachother in order to track me, my interests, and then present me with adverts.

This isn't tin-hat, that's exactly what's going on here.
With you on that
- Do you want to accept cookies? Whatever, just go away with the banner across the site
- Do you want to enable notifications from this site in your browser? No, go away
- Do you want to register an account on this site? No, let me through to the site
- (On a tablet) Do you want to install the app for this site or continue in the browser? No, let me through to the site.
- Do you have 5 minutes to take a survey about this site? No, what is the f**** point in me doing a survey when I have connected to your site for the first time and can't see the damn thing?
- Finally get through to the site, see it is not quite what you were looking for, immediately hit back only to find they have put a bit of javascript in that loops you back to the page you are trying to leave.
- Or get through to the side and see it is in the modern style of very little information but some big pretty photo banners and have to scroll down a few screenfulls in search of content.
exactly.

Last edited:
having to give a bastard email address to buy anything online....just to get bombarded with shite and have waste time unsubscribing.....from something I never knowingly subscribed to anyway....get fucked.

oh and Br@zzers not being free.....apparently.....so a mate told me.

Back