International Space Station - TONIGHT!!!

Big Jeff

Winger
The ISS will pass over us tonight at 8.27pm Get a drink and have a look up.

Its supposed to be clear tonight so thats good. The ISS is the 3rd fastest moving thing in the universe and its geet bright.

However ........ its only visible for 4 mins and it does get a bit of a shift on - like 27,000 kph

You need to know where to look or you will probably just dribble beer and say what a load of tripe.

Go to "ISS Tracker" to see how to do it. I have not learned how to post links yet but the NASA site is good. Theres an App as well.

Basically its pretty much straight up coming from the west heading south (ish).......... fast.

Good luck!

Its supposed to be clear tonight so thats good. The ISS is the 3rd fastest moving thing in the universe and its geet bright.

However ........ its only visible for 4 mins and it does get a bit of a shift on - like 27,000 kph

You need to know where to look or you will probably just dribble beer and say what a load of tripe.

Go to "ISS Tracker" to see how to do it. I have not learned how to post links yet but the NASA site is good. Theres an App as well.

Basically its pretty much straight up coming from the west heading south (ish).......... fast.

Good luck!
hope it's a clear sky again..

Good luck!

Copy and paste, simple as that.

Copy and paste, simple as that.
Cheers thanks
Not sure about that mind, the Earth travels at aprox 100,000kph around the sun as a starter
Yes but as we are on earth we are unable to feel the speed unless we remove our space suits and I am not taking that risk. Actually when you think about it we are lucky we have not been thrown off our planet already due to centrifugal/centripetal force depending on your view of the physics involved.

Last edited:
Cheers thanks

Yes but as we are on earth we are unable to feel the speed unless we remove our space suits and I am not taking that risk. Actually when you think about it we are lucky we have not been thrown off our planet already due to centrifugal/centripetal force depending on your view of the physics involved.

What ? the Space station is no where near anything in terms of speed, let alone the 3rd fastest thing in the Universe

What ? the Space station is no where near anything in terms of speed, let alone the 3rd fastest thing in the Universe
The Voyager probes are traveling far faster than this and these are only the man made objects. About 7.5 km/s for the ISS, 17 km/2 for Voyager 2. Both are plodding along compared to Halleys comet at 55 km/s (though it's speed can vary down to 1 km/s). That is just for starters.

The Voyager probes are traveling far faster than this and these are only the man made objects. About 7.5 km/s for the ISS, 17 km/2 for Voyager 2. Both are plodding along compared to Halleys comet at 55 km/s (though it's speed can vary down to 1 km/s). That is just for starters.

The OP didn't say man made, maybe that's the issue, as plainly lots of things travel at very high speeds in the Universe, like light for example

I’m no expert folks and clearly there’s people on here who know a great deal more than me. I just thought it would be nice to point it out so if you fancy having a drink and a point at the sky. It might help us see where all fit in the limitless time space continuum or we could all just have a beer and go “there it is there it is”

Apparently going weeeeeeeee helps too

Last edited:
I’m no expert folks and clearly there’s people on here who know a great deal more than me. I just thought it would be nice to point it out so if you fancy having a drink and a point at the sky. It might help us see where all fit in the limitless time space continuum or we could all just have a beer and go “there it is there it is”

Apparently going weeeeeeeee helps too
Cheers for the tip. I have always wanted to take a photo of it, and it passes right over the bright star Capella. Tonight might be my chance.

Anyone else interested, use Stellarium and look at the Satellites plugin (loads of guides on google) for this.

International Space Station Transit Finder will tell you when it passes in front of the sun or moon, though I have never managed to catch this when I have either been free or it has not been cloudy.

Cheers for the tip. I have always wanted to take a photo of it, and it passes right over the bright star Capella. Tonight might be my chance.

Anyone else interested, use Stellarium and look at the Satellites plugin (loads of guides on google) for this.

International Space Station Transit Finder will tell you when it passes in front of the sun or moon, though I have never managed to catch this when I have either been free or it has not been cloudy.
A proper expert - well done mate you are a star whereas I am clearly a slightly dimmer celestial body

Back