International Space Station - TONIGHT!!!

Good view in London. There was a 2nd satellite running parallel to it and slightly ahead of it the other side of Orion. First time I have seen two together like that.

Tightest arse in the infirmary, excuse me I meant brightest star in the infernum.

Spectacular that. We had the clearest of skies and it tracked through the gap between the moon & Venus. Even clearer skies than last night and it helped to know the rough track it was going to be taking.

I'm gobsmacked.

Logon or register to see this image

That's a great pic.

Me and the kids went out Thursday night and they were a bit underwhelmed but it really wasn't that good anyway.

Last night was awesome and I even managed to get it on video.

Last edited:

That's a great pic.

Me and the kids went out Thursday night and they were a bit underwhelmed but it really wasn't that good anyway.

Last night was awesome and I even managed to get it on video.
Thanks. Wasn’t sure how it would come out as it was on my phone and took ages to take from pressing the button so I thought it would be all blurry. We were stood right by a street light as well. Quite pleased with how it came out.

The ISS will pass over us tonight at 8.27pm Get a drink and have a look up.

Its supposed to be clear tonight so thats good. The ISS is the 3rd fastest moving thing in the universe and its geet bright.

However ........ its only visible for 4 mins and it does get a bit of a shift on - like 27,000 kph

You need to know where to look or you will probably just dribble beer and say what a load of tripe.

Go to "ISS Tracker" to see how to do it. I have not learned how to post links yet but the NASA site is good. Theres an App as well.

Basically its pretty much straight up coming from the west heading south (ish).......... fast.

Good luck!
I loved seeing Venus last night and have downloaded the app I hope you’ll keep updating this thread with your expert tips

too cold and overcast for me, I'm afraid. Doubt I could top last night to be fair.

Aye overcast here as well. Just checked and it’s meant to be back the next 7 days, hopefully be clear to see tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well I went out at 08.30 and saw a something moving between the clouds and a couple of seconds behind was something a lot brighter, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to look at.

That was a brilliant ISS pass tonight - really close to the moon, but then the stream of Starlink satellites was amazing - I was watching them for about 15min
Viewing from Cheshire, near Manchester airport btw. Really clear skies

Last edited:
That was a brilliant ISS pass tonight - really close to the moon, but then the stream of Starlink satellites was amazing - I was watching them for about 15min
Cheers, will read up Starlink. I saw six satellites following the ISS on a similar trajectory, about 10 secs (?) apart. Clear skies again over York.

Back