International Men’s Day - Tuesday 19th

Men used to whine like hell about international women’s day “why isn’t there a men’s day?...” typical sense of entitlement. There’s a women’s one because women organised one. If you want one, you know what to do”.

So you finally sorted your shit out. Bravo.

Next job to learn to multitask & put the bins out at the same time, whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.

Innit, flower.

I would probably have questioned the genuine motives of anyone who felt the need to organise an international men's day event, so I would feel there may have been more to the story. But I didn't go to your university so I will take your word for it as you have more knowledge than I do.

I think they were just trying to be inclusive, but unfortunately you can't have any event that celebrates the norm or the majority opinion/view/perspective etc

My mother and sister in law are visiting so light a candle lads.

the only saving grace is that they hate my cocker spaniel, so at least I trained her well

Women's day at work is celebrated with huge meetings, guest speakers, motivational promotions, workshops where women offer women job opportunities and help with career advancement. Plus special talks designed at showing women how to use everything we offer to their advantage (part time, compressed hours, flexitime, extended maternity and bonuses etc).

Men's day is organised by the same people and is celebrated by sticking up posters telling us not to kill ourselves.

Women's day at work is celebrated with huge meetings, guest speakers, motivational promotions, workshops where women offer women job opportunities and help with career advancement. Plus special talks designed at showing women how to use everything we offer to their advantage (part time, compressed hours, flexitime, extended maternity and bonuses etc).

How odd ! The above is precisely the thing feminists wanted stamped out - you know , one gender better treated than the other.

So it wasn’t an equality campaign after all - it was a drive for special status.

If the cap fits eh ?
Have you had a bang on the head?

Just a bit of light satire aimed at the PC deniers - not you pal . 🙂

Last edited:

Back