International Fans Day

I hope they enjoyed today. What an absolute credit to the club these travelling supporters have been this weekend. We're all thrilled with how it went.

For the exiles that couldn't make today, keep a look out for next year...
That's excellent news that it's happening again everyone I've talked to loved the weekend. I called into the Fans Museum post match yesterday and the staff were still buzzing about Friday night.

I take it this is the reason the padded seats in the centre of the west Stand were pretty full when they are normally mostly empty. I sit just to the right and looking across during the game (even the first half) everyone was grinning ear to ear and appeared to be having an excellent day.

our international supporters all bought their own tickets and were situated all over the ground so i think that was just a coincidence that the padded seats were full.

our international supporters all bought their own tickets and were situated all over the ground so i think that was just a coincidence that the padded seats were full.

I wonder if a fair few of them were seated in there, it was unusually busy. Also pretty much the whole section stood out because they all looked so happy to be here.

On another note great effort mate, you and all concerned.

Just caught this thread so thought it was worth sharing this, as it will be of interest.

At the fan party on Friday night we had a mobile studio set up to interview some of the people enjoying themselves on the night. We talked to the organisers, Cath and Joanne, John Ellington from the USA, the Bulgarian branch, the Maltese branch, Nancy and Erick from Groningen, Martin from Sweden, Martin from Canada, Stephen from Taiwan, Bobby Kerr and Micky Horswill, and the legend that is George Forster (who sang us a song to close the show!)

It was probably my favourite podcast we've ever put together. What a fantastic event. I urge everyone to support it when it comes back around next year.

Just caught this thread so thought it was worth sharing this, as it will be of interest.

At the fan party on Friday night we had a mobile studio set up to interview some of the people enjoying themselves on the night. We talked to the organisers, Cath and Joanne, John Ellington from the USA, the Bulgarian branch, the Maltese branch, Nancy and Erick from Groningen, Martin from Sweden, Martin from Canada, Stephen from Taiwan, Bobby Kerr and Micky Horswill, and the legend that is George Forster (who sang us a song to close the show!)

It was probably my favourite podcast we've ever put together. What a fantastic event. I urge everyone to support it when it comes back around next year.
I listened to this yesterday, and really enjoyed it.
It was great hearing the reasons why fans from other countries, followed The Lads.
All were very clued up and passionate about their support for The Lads, but Martin from Canada, was a very clued up MLF, imo.
I didn't go to the gathering on Friday, but was in the Business Lounge at the SOL on Saturday, for IFD, and it was a great success, and I hope I'm lucky enough to be there for next season's IFD.

Back