Intermittent Fasting........

I was 19st 8lb, I’m now 17st 9lb. As I said, I don’t know how much was water!
1700 calories and going to the gym without food is going to have you losing weight on scales, if that is what you want then cool. However you are going to be in a state of catabolism and will need to reverse diet once you get to goal weight as metabolism will be adapted from living on 1700 cals and burning over 3k a day for your stats.

Martin berkhan has a website but I’m unsure if he’s qualified or not.

It works for me during the week with an 8 hour feeding window.

When I had breakfast before 7am I was hungry again at 10 and would have snacks, then dinner at 1 ish then afternoon snack, then a meal at 8pm.

Now at work I have a pre gym light meal at 11, train at 1 and then eat at 2-3pm and again at 8.

1700 calories and going to the gym without food is going to have you losing weight on scales, if that is what you want then cool. However you are going to be in a state of catabolism and will need to reverse diet once you get to goal weight as metabolism will be adapted from living on 1700 cals and burning over 3k a day for your stats.

People with a greater percentage of body fat can get away with more drastic deficits for periods of time with little consequence in fairness. The 'metabolic adaptation', in the sense of a disproportionate change in energy expenditure to activity, is something you'll only really observe in leaner populations and most of the evidence points towards it not really being a metabolic adaptation of drastic extent but other factors. That said, he could increase those calories and just enjoy eating a bit more

The human body is designed for fasting. It’s built into our hunter gatherer DNA. All I do is skip breakfast and it gives my body time out from constantly digesting food. It burns your fat stores whilst performing other beneficial functions such as repairing and regeneration broken cells/tissue. It’s a science, that you should maybe look into before poo pooing!

Could you expand on that please?

I see you’re talking about understanding the science before poo-pooing. So explain like you’re talking to someone with a PhD in Molecular Biology :lol:

I usually don't have anything until 12ish at work, don't really miss breakfast after a while and it is pretty easy. If I have cereal or toast at 7am I am starving by 12. However i go crazy on weekends drinking beer and eating sausage sandwiches, pizzas, ice cream etc. This is why I'm slightly overweight I think.

I usually don't have anything until 12ish at work, don't really miss breakfast after a while and it is pretty easy. If I have cereal or toast at 7am I am starving by 12. However i go crazy on weekends drinking beer and eating sausage sandwiches, pizzas, ice cream etc. This is why I'm slightly overweight I think.
You could work 7 days a week. Plus if you're having beer and ice cream for breakfast you have bigger problems than a big belly.

It's beyond worrying some of the info posted on here.

1700 cals at 18 clem? and you're trying to claim IF is the reason... You will have depleted glycogen stores, so 4lb in water weight straight away, bloat, another few lb, then cal deficit. Truth is though... no way will you be sticking to 1700 cals as that's fagina calories . I'd have you on around 2800... that's how far you're out. It's good you're motivated and making progress, but it's time to wake up and realise that what you're doing is not going to last nor end well.

Anyone reading in on this, disregard any of the info posted, Titus and Ceverton are 100% bang on though.

Back