Intermittent Fasting........

It has not fat loss benefits, it just suits you saving your calories for a different time of day. Glad it works for you mind :cool:
It does... I fast for 16 hours of the day and eat in an 8 hour when window... during the fasting period, your body uses your stored fat as fuel. It also has additional health benefits...

It does... I fast for 16 hours of the day and eat in an 8 hour when window... during the fasting period, your body uses your stored fat as fuel. It also has additional health benefits...

The additional benefits are oversold. It has no fat loss benefits over any other approach to limiting calorie intake.

It clearly works for a lot of people (I do a 16/8 split) but it works because it makes it easier to regulate calories.

The additional benefits are oversold. It has no fat loss benefits over any other approach to limiting calorie intake.

It clearly works for a lot of people (I do a 16/8 split) but it works because it makes it easier to regulate calories.
Don’t agree.

If your body uses more of one fuel source at one point in the day, it will balance it out at another.

IF has zero magical fatloss benefits. Works very well for many who prefer that eating pattern but it's nothing special.

If your body uses more of one fuel source at one point in the day, it will balance it out at another.

IF has zero magical fatloss benefits. Works very well for many who prefer that eating pattern but it's nothing special.
The human body is designed for fasting. It’s built into our hunter gatherer DNA. All I do is skip breakfast and it gives my body time out from constantly digesting food. It burns your fat stores whilst performing other beneficial functions such as repairing and regeneration broken cells/tissue. It’s a science, that you should maybe look into before poo pooing!

It is negligible as fuck mate, it just helps you stay in a caloric deficit eating in that window. Eat the exact same calories and macronutrients over the full period you are awake and very similar if not exact same results.

It is negligible as fuck mate, it just helps you stay in a caloric deficit eating in that window. Eat the exact same calories and macronutrients over the full period you are awake and very similar if not exact same results.
Done both. This way I burnt double+ the calories in the same week. I go to the gym in a fasted state which also helps.

Stop being silly now
Truth Rosco... I kid you not, I lost 2 lbs while reducing my calories, but eating normally. However, one week of intermittent fasting, I lost 5 lbs, swear down. How much of that was water, I couldn’t say, but it happened!!! x.

As pointed out in my OP, I lost 4 lb last week!

Truth Rosco... I kid you not, I lost 2 lbs while reducing my calories, but eating normally. However, one week of intermittent fasting, I lost 5 lbs, swear down. How much of that was water, I couldn’t say, but it happened!!! x.

As pointed out in my OP, I lost 4 lb last week!
Same cals?

The human body is designed for fasting. It’s built into our hunter gatherer DNA. All I do is skip breakfast and it gives my body time out from constantly digesting food. It burns your fat stores whilst performing other beneficial functions such as repairing and regeneration broken cells/tissue. It’s a science, that you should maybe look into before poo pooing!

I have an MSc and have some of my athletes do it. However it's not for any fat loss benefits

Yes, I’ve been keeping to a 1700 limit.

I must have imagined it then... FFS
I am not doubting you lost 4lbs, I am talking about catabolism. You do realise 4lbs is unlikely to be bodyfat and a lot of it water?

I am not doubting you lost 4lbs, I am talking about catabolism. You do realise 4lbs is unlikely to be bodyfat and a lot of it water?
Also just noticed, 1700 cals and going to the gym? Are you 11 stone or less?

Last edited:

Also just noticed, 1700 cals and going to the gym? Are you 11 stone or less?

I was 19st 8lb, I’m now 17st 9lb. As I said, I don’t know how much was water!

Back