Interesting twist on the Salisbury nerve agent attack

According to the Sun (yeah I know), it was the daughter, Yulia who was the real intended victim of the attack after she fell out with her mother-in-law who is a high ranking security bod back in Moscow

Sergei Skripal's daughter 'was REAL target of nerve agent attack'

Again take it all at face value, but this suggests the attack, if this was the case, was intended to hit a Russian citizen on Russian soil and the father, a British citizen was merely collateral damage. Of course this could all be part of a massive spin by the Russkis to take some of the heat out of the hoo ha which has built up over the past few days.

there is a problem with these guesses, that others will take and twist the guesses as being from official sources.

probably. and probably in collaboration with our pathetic excuse for a government
corbyn has covered himself in glory

So the alternative is to keep taking the pills and swallow the agreed story then?
you and I don't know what the evidence is. to be fair there is not much of a story being given.

3 people injured

forensics show they have poisoned by a nerve agent

that agent known(?) to have been made in Russia

that is all the government has said

others are trying to put 2 +2 by following crime scenes around and trying to find a link

This story will fizzle out of the news in the next few days and never be mentioned again by the news.

you and I don't know what the evidence is. to be fair there is not much of a story being given.

3 people injured

forensics show they have poisoned by a nerve agent

that agent known(?) to have been made in Russia

that is all the government has said

others are trying to put 2 +2 by following crime scenes around and trying to find a link
That’s not quite true though is it? The government have said there is Russian involvement, have expelled a number of Russian spies diplomats, and coordinated statements condemning Russia with other allied governments. All without definitive proof or following accepted protocols according to multilateral treaties they have signed.

Where did the sun get this intel of the actual target and perpetrator?
Dodgy allegations from the bloke’s niece.

About as reliable as any other source.

Last edited:
I didn't speak to my mother in law for 4 years - well, I didn't like to interrupt :lol::lol:

RIP Doddy :(

Got to say I agree. We'll probably never get to know the truth, or even owt that's close to it, yet allegedly this is all being done in our name.

What gets me is everyone slamming Corbyn for urging caution rather than jumping in with both feet. I'm sure that I'll get flak from the usual suspects for this, yet the same bloke also smelled a rat and called it out with the whole WMD shambles in Iraq, was ostracised for it, called a traitor etc yet was proven right in the long term and given not a sniff of credit for it.

The establishment are past masters at closing ranks at times like these, and it stretches across the political party lines. Witness the more right wing Labour MPs relishing their opportunity to round on Corbyn without even pausing to draw breath. I'm no mad Corbynista as I believe the term goes round these parts, but I agree with his philosophy in this situation that all may not necessarily be as simple to call as it seems.

He might of been opposed to the government on that but the way u put it is rewriting history, ever heard of Robin Cook

Last edited:

Back