Interest Rates to rise this week?

Prob go up yet to 4.75/5, then come back end of year start to fall back and settle maybe 3.5 next year sometime

Disclaimer alert I know nowt, anything could happen

Market expectations a week or 2 back was that they'd peak at 4.5 in the summer, then drop to 4 by Xmas.

Now there seems to be a suggestion that the peak might be a bit lower at the current 4 or 4.25 level

I notice chase have just upped their savings to 3%. I'd expect zopa to goto 3.35% or thereabouts in coming days

Prob go up yet to 4.75/5, then come back end of year start to fall back and settle maybe 3.5 next year sometime

Disclaimer alert I know nowt, anything could happen
Think Bailey made a lot about the potential risks going forward. The scenario above is if everything just continues as is, in that some believe it's settling down but personally I think it's just gearing up and there's a lot more volatility in the pipework, excuse the pun. Energy markets do what they have been doing over the last couple of years again in a shorter cycle and you are going to see absolute turmoil. 2/3 from the DOW etc. great depression eat your heart out. all those extra mortgages taken up in Jun 21 with the 2/5y fix will hit between Apr-Jun 23 and again 26... surely?
Unlike me.
You're a good lad haha 10/10

Last edited:
We've been getting 5plus for a while why is it taking so long to get to the UK? Mortgage rates are about 5.6 mind so may explain it

On instant access? I'd expect there'll be some offering about 3.5% shortly.
They did go upto 5% on 5 year fixes, but have now dropped to around the 4.5% mark. Top regular saver is 7% with FD

Back