Interest Rate Cut coming

Don’t think the interest rates where as low from memory.What I do remember being useful for self employed folk like myself was self cert mortgages.Mental when you think about it the punter more or less underwriting his own mortgage without proof of income.

Base rate was around 4.5% iirc, but houses were half the price to now so deposits were easier. Also as well as self certs there were 100% mortgages available so didnt even have bother with deposit.

I can apply for a loan on the Barclays app on my phone and get it in the bank straight away. It's mental.
I got a low interest one over the phone from the bank and was in my account in an hour.

I went to Currys last week with my daughters. One is a student midwife and worked part time. She got £5000 credit straight away. My other daughter who is on benefits didn't have ID with her and wanted a new Ipad. She asked me to get it for her and I was turned down for credit :oops:. I felt crap.

Don’t think the interest rates where as low from memory.What I do remember being useful for self employed folk like myself was self cert mortgages.Mental when you think about it the punter more or less underwriting his own mortgage without proof of income.
Self certs are ideal for a bank. If the borrower defaults they get a house in the cheap.

I got my first mortgage like this. £3k down nee books nee nowt. Just told the bloke what I earned. Scary when I think back.
My mate was in bother at the time and was selling a rental cottage down southwick. He wanted the £19k he owed on the mortgage and I said no!!!!! He sold it for 55 about 2 year later.

Back