Interest Rate Cut coming

No. It hurts the building society community too much. This cut has not been passed on to borrowers. Just savers. No point making that worse. Next thing will be to buy long end so gilts
Thanks, why does the ECB persevere with it though, jobs in the euro area, or German-centric pressure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it go positive MT?

Property will drop at least 10% this year, it's a good time to be a buyer.
Atleast 10% residential, more for commercial I think ...I have set aside a little to see what commercial becomes available.

Gold is at a decent level so might be tempted to release a bit and buy back when it drops after the lock down is a distant memory.

Last edited:
But nobody was paying that as their discount rates are linked to their SVR.
My point is they are shitty lenders. Lenders hedge their profits on the yield curve. Mortgage rates have barely changed since Jan. I know. I took a 5y fix 2y ago at 1.84%. I just applied for a mortgage todsy in fact and the 2y fix is amazingly the same. As is the 5y. And they suspended mortgages linked to base.

My point is they are shitty lenders. Lenders hedge their profits on the yield curve. Mortgage rates have barely changed since Jan. I know. I took a 5y fix 2y ago at 1.84%. I just applied for a mortgage todsy in fact and the 2y fix is amazingly the same. As is the 5y. And they suspended mortgages linked to base.
I'm quite happy with an interest only loan which is about to reduce to 1.3%.

Back