Interactive Map: How the North East will be affected by sea level rises

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27897

Excuse the Chronic, but they embedded into the story a useful interactive zoom map that shows how the world will change through long term sea level changes caused by global warming.

For Sunderland, it predicts we will completely lose Roker, Seaburn and Hendon but everywhere else will be okay. Whitburn will become an island.

It solves the Horden and Easington Colliery problems completely, but leaves Peterlee virtually unscathed. Once we have a sea coast perhaps Durham council might consider us worthy of investment.

I might consider moving a bit closer to the A19 and away from the dene area just in case they have underestimated the rise a little. As it is I will be able to roll out of bed and be on the beach. Handy for the dog like.

It solves the Horden and Easington Colliery problems completely, but leaves Peterlee virtually unscathed. Once we have a sea coast perhaps Durham council might consider us worthy of investment.

I might consider moving a bit closer to the A19 and away from the dene area just in case they have underestimated the rise a little. As it is I will be able to roll out of bed and be on the beach. Handy for the dog like.

Peterlee is miles above sea level though. Its one big bank all the way down to Horden. Mind, the sea would have to rise a canny whack to get over the beach banks to start with.

How come we didn't lose those coastlines in the middle ages, when the temperatures were significantly higher than they are now.

Excuse the Chronic, but they embedded into the story a useful interactive zoom map that shows how the world will change through long term sea level changes caused by global warming.

For Sunderland, it predicts we will completely lose Roker, Seaburn and Hendon but everywhere else will be okay. Whitburn will become an island.

So Seaburn will just become known as Sea then I guess.

Back