Insurance right off

Cheers, I’m sure they will sort the trim details, but I don’t really know how to explain it to anybody apart from it’s noisy and doesn’t drive as it did! I sound like a right dopey sod!
Ask around for a good garage, tell them what's happened and ask them to check it over, could be the wheels out of alignment or a gap not filled or just your ears.

So the car has been repaired rather than being written off, turned up to get it today, one dent not fixed, number plate flapping about, trim under the boot hanging down and boot clip / lock still knackered. Garage totally uninterested.

I’ve spoken to my insurance company and they are sending an engineer out to take a look, also asked me to find a garage I’d be happy with to repair it, so that’s all good.

However when I drive it, there is a lot of road noise coming from the back of the car that didn’t use to be there before, it also doesn’t drive the same, the back end feels twitchy but also harder going over bumps etc. The garage refused to tell me what work they had carried out, but where do I stand?

Did you use an insurance company approved repairer?

Is the Engineer inspecting with you present? It might be worth suggesting a little drive if there is road noise?

Is that not when you ‘make on’ a car
Away man big toe lad. Ya like a dig with a bone ere, just let it go lad. I missed a word out, regular posters know I do it. Am not the brightest and you have proved it.

Hope you fall for the dig with a bone. Woof

Did you use an insurance company approved repairer?

Is the Engineer inspecting with you present? It might be worth suggesting a little drive if there is road noise?

The garage was chosen by the insurance company and yes I believe the engineer is coming to my house to look at it.

The garage was chosen by the insurance company and yes I believe the engineer is coming to my house to look at it.
Like it’s been said mate stand your ground. Write your complaints down and have them at hand. I had same carry on with with a well known repair centre. When it came down to it the repair centre charged the insurance company for stuff they had not done and the repairs they did do were shit. Unfortunately they dragged it along that much I lost interest in it as it was very minor stuff (orange peel paintwork). But the repair centre lost the insurance work for said company.

Like it’s been said mate stand your ground. Write your complaints down and have them at hand. I had same carry on with with a well known repair centre. When it came down to it the repair centre charged the insurance company for stuff they had not done and the repairs they did do were shit. Unfortunately they dragged it along that much I lost interest in it as it was very minor stuff (orange peel paintwork). But the repair centre lost the insurance work for said company.

Cheers.

@the boot has summer it up nicely. Tell the engineer everything but it’s also worth raising an official complaint to the insurance company.

Insurers live and die by their claims service and will take a very dim view of approved repairers taking the piss as obv it reflects badly on the insurer.

Back