Insulate Britain

The ultimate irony is, these people are absolutely right with their goal. Absolutely nobody thinks we shouldn't do a better job of insulating the houses in the UK.
But for some reason, nobody wants to do anything about it.

Even now that we know we have to do it sooner or later.

There's a cognitive dissonance going on here. Everyone wants the same thing here :lol:

for the record i’m not suggesting / encouraging or threatening them. But I can see why some people would though, and it will happen imo the more they impact peoples lives

Well I think we're in agreement there for sure, I can 100% see why people would lose their temper with them and blocking life-saving emergency vehicles is reprehensible behaviour.

Well, the recent overturning of convictions against similar protestors, seems to tell you they're not actually doing anything illegal.
If they haven't done anything wrong why are the police arresting them? They are certainly in breach of a court injunction (and probably several), which puts them in contempt of court, which should be enough to guarantee them a stint in one of Her Majesty s Hotels

Well, it was clearly a driving offence, caught fully on camera.
Surely she will be prosecuted for this.

I also don't agree that blocking public roads is ideal. Personally I think they should just block both sides of the roads right outside MP's houses, and limit the collateral damage to the people who will actually have the ability to do something about it.

But its fun that they were losing the goodwill of the nation right until someone starting to drive over one of them - and that tips the balance completely back in favour of the protestors.

Drinking Lambrini and getting fingered?
she might also get prosecuted for this :lol:

Brave is certainly not using two tonnes of vehicle to assault a peaceful protester. Deranged, uncontrollably out of control of rational thought, reckless or stupid might describe that behaviour but definitely not brave. By all means advocate the lawful removal by officers of the law. If someone’s life is at risk in an ambulance then perhaps justified to rely on common law to protect you physically moving them but under ordinary circumstances it’s glaringly obvious that potentially killing someone because you’re in a rush on the school run is not a normal or proportionate response.

Wad?
Wadn't?
What was brave about what she did?
Brave is certainly not using two tonnes of vehicle to assault a peaceful protester. Deranged, uncontrollably out of control of rational thought, reckless or stupid might describe that behaviour but definitely not brave. By all means advocate the lawful removal by officers of the law. If someone’s life is at risk in an ambulance then perhaps justified to rely on common law to protect you physically moving them but under ordinary circumstances it’s glaringly obvious that potentially killing someone because you’re in a rush on the school run is not a normal or proportionate response.
Nail on head

Back