Installing TV on a wall

TV is to be hung on a corner (not the main living room) so fixed isn’t an option.
Look at this show off, TVs not even in the main living room, must be made of money, just buy a lightweight tv and stick it up with some super super glue, our go one better and buy a hover tv as you must be loaded, my kids have to do with a cardboard box in there room and I change the picture each night for them so it’s like watching a new channel every day

Last edited:

Look at this show off, TVs not even in the main living room, must be made of money, just buy a lightweight tv and stick it up with some super super glue, our go one better and buy a hover tv as you must be loaded, my kids have to do with a cardboard box in there room and I change the picture each night for them so it’s like watching a new channel every day
Cardboard box?
They're lucky.

:lol: :lol:
Problem with these are they are only as strong as the plasterboard the wings fix to ,If the plasterboard is 9.5mm i wouldnt trust these , could see a weighty tv or one on a arm pulling the fixings through the plasterboard.
I saw these Pack of 10 - Genuine M5 SNAP Toggle Heavy Duty PLASTERBOARD-Drywall Fixing-Cavity Wall Fixing - TOGGLER 25029 - Comes with Screws https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XK7FCQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7wfmFbVHQF3N5

Something like that is what in need. I think. You just dunno what weight they can take.

Last edited:
😂

:lol: :lol:

I saw these Pack of 10 - Genuine M5 SNAP Toggle Heavy Duty PLASTERBOARD-Drywall Fixing-Cavity Wall Fixing - TOGGLER 25029 - Comes with Screws https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XK7FCQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7wfmFbVHQF3N5

Something like that is what in need. I think. You just dunno what weight they can take.
You are going down the wrong route yet again, this will be only as strong as the plasterboard its fixed too.
You need a long screw/plug to go right through the plasterboard and into the breezeblock or brick behind ,If its a stud wall behind the plasterboard you will need noggins as was said in a earlier post .

You are going down the wrong route yet again, this will be only as strong as the plasterboard its fixed too.
You need a long screw/plug to go right through the plasterboard and into the breezeblock or brick behind ,If its a stud wall behind the plasterboard you will need noggins as was said in a earlier post .

There’s no stud wall, it’s just dot and dab.
Cheers I’ll get myself some of them then.

Nothing gives you a ‘fuck sake’ moment quite like lying in bed and hearing your new, 50 inch TV falling off the wall.

There’s no stud wall, it’s just dot and dab.
Cheers I’ll get myself some of them then.
make sure you use the right size bit and don't go too deep ,screwfix will sell the drill bits as well,It might seem a lot of money to lay out but better than ££££s for a new tv.

If it’s a timber frame plasterboard wall, find the vertical timbers and attach a sheet of wood (Ply or similar), the attach the bracket to it. It’s how the joiner at my work hung our big tv.

Back