Insanity workout

I've just started this today, i did the fit test yesterday and did the plyomertics today. Fuck me it is hard those level 3 drills nearly killed me and i thought i was quite fit! Definitely going to keep it up aswell as going to the gym 3 times per week and football 3 or 4 times; is this sustainable?

I would say I could no way to do insanity everyday plus gym 3 times a week plus footy 3-4 times a week.

I just did insanity without anything else and after 2 weeks I was tired as fuck.

Would have to eat about 5000 calories a day not to lose weight haha

I would say I could no way to do insanity everyday plus gym 3 times a week plus footy 3-4 times a week.

I just did insanity without anything else and after 2 weeks I was tired as fuck.

Would have to eat about 5000 calories a day not to lose weight haha

Thats the thing i dont need to lose weight i am 5ft 9 and 67kg, my diet is pretty good at the moment im eating mostly protein and some carbs (mainly from rice). Im doing tough mudder and total warrior next year so trying to get really fit. Im pretty toned (about 10-12% body fat), do you think doing insanity will have a negative impact on my strength?

I have managed the gym this morning then insanity this afternoon followed by football; i dont feel too bad now (i was dying straight after insanity) but i think ill be sore in the morning.

Thats the thing i dont need to lose weight i am 5ft 9 and 67kg, my diet is pretty good at the moment im eating mostly protein and some carbs (mainly from rice). Im doing tough mudder and total warrior next year so trying to get really fit. Im pretty toned (about 10-12% body fat), do you think doing insanity will have a negative impact on my strength?

I have managed the gym this morning then insanity this afternoon followed by football; i dont feel too bad now (i was dying straight after insanity) but i think ill be sore in the morning.

I'm no expert but I would say if anything insanity would make you fitter and stronger but you are going to lose weight if you don't eat more if you are doing more exercise.

And I would have thought eating mostly protein isn't really what you want. Carbs are just as important especially for all the stuff you are doing.

Carbs protein and fat should be in every meal.

Last edited:
I managed to complete the first the First fit test then the first 2 workouts in the following 2 days. I decided not to do it on saturday and sunday as my calfs were in agony and i had football on Sunday morning. Decided that i would skip 'cardio recovery' last night as i had 'rested' the 2 days before. Now the problem is im a lifeguard so i had staff training (lots of 50m sprints) tonight followed by 2 games of 5-a-side; should i rest tonight or should i do the cardio recovery that i missed? Is it as brutal as the other workouts?

Want to start this, think i'm going to download it tonight! Sound brutal and considering i'm in the worst condition i've ever been in there is some slight trepidation going into this:lol:
However, i'm pretty skinny, 6"1, and touching 80kgs. With very little muscle on me.
Is this going to increase muscle mass to a noticable degree? I'm aware i'm going to lose weight, i just don't want to come out looking like a scrawny kid:lol:

Want to start this, think i'm going to download it tonight! Sound brutal and considering i'm in the worst condition i've ever been in there is some slight trepidation going into this:lol:
However, i'm pretty skinny, 6"1, and touching 80kgs. With very little muscle on me.
Is this going to increase muscle mass to a noticable degree? I'm aware i'm going to lose weight, i just don't want to come out looking like a scrawny kid:lol:

I think that P90x was more geared for muscle gain.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/305266-insanity-vs-p90x-workout/

Thought I'd revive this thread, seeing as I've started it again. The last year or so I've put on more weight than I'd like, so what better way of getting shot of it than Insanity! That said I'm doing it on my terms this time. 4 Insanity workouts, backed up by 2 T25 Gamma (strength) workouts over the next 9/10 weeks. Let's see how it goes...

Is Insanity brutal on the knees? I have a few issues with damage/arthritis in both knees and wouldn't want to start it if it's going to be too harsh on them.

Finished the original 4 years ago (ish) and it was the fittest I've ever been.

I just have the 'max 30' dvds now and try to do one or two of them a week, mixing them up with a bit running, footy and boxing training.

Insanity (and the differing forms of it) is the best home workout DVD I have seen/used by an absolute mile.

Is Insanity brutal on the knees? I have a few issues with damage/arthritis in both knees and wouldn't want to start it if it's going to be too harsh on them.
you've probably long since decided for/against doing this now but i'd say yes, however it might build up resilience in those areas, i used to get problems with weak ankles so i'd often get injured playing football, but when i was doing insanity all the time, i was stronger than ever. Basically if burpees hurt your knees, and you struggle with press-ups, it's a difficult ask for your body. Try the fit test and see how you go from there.

you've probably long since decided for/against doing this now but i'd say yes, however it might build up resilience in those areas, i used to get problems with weak ankles so i'd often get injured playing football, but when i was doing insanity all the time, i was stronger than ever. Basically if burpees hurt your knees, and you struggle with press-ups, it's a difficult ask for your body. Try the fit test and see how you go from there.
Cheers.

As an addition to this have a look at the t25 program videos, they include a "low impact" version of each exercise which you can use first to see whether you need it and secondly substitute back into insanity if you do.

Seven year since I completed Insanity, did it for three and a half months without skipping a workout and was working in a busy pub most nights and hoying the odd gym session in too. Easily the fittest I've ever been, I honestly felt amazing. If you're in two minds about if it's worth it don't be - I was a normal weight when I started and could not believe how effective it was.

Back