Insanity workout

Can't believe it's over 3 months since I made the above post :O

Well, I finished it and was feeling great but since the summer I have started to ''winter'' quite well :)lol:) and put a lot of weight back on. Someone said to me on Saturday that I was developing a canny belly again so that evening I said to myself I would get back on Insanity and lose a bit weight again rather than telling myself I would do it in the new year.

Three sessions in and it's bringing back painful memories from when I started in June :lol: I woke up this morning after the Plyometric Cardio Circuit last night and I was moving like a crab down the stairs :lol: The first month workouts do feel quite short in comparison to the first time I did it though, probably because I know what's coming up and what to expect.

I'm hoping to be in good shape again come the end of January, but it will be a big test over the Christmas and new year period.

I finished about 3 months ago and since then have little to nothing fitness wise. Put a lot of weight back on so started again last monday and was as close to I ever was to being sick. Its incredible how much fitness I'd lost in that time, I actually felt worse than I did the first time through. However, the rate of improvement this time round has been incredible. will obviously take a little while to get the strength for push up drills (which i never really mastered in the first 60 days) but in a week ive gone from near hurling to reasonably able to keep up with the raw cardio stuff.

46 pages. Is it worth reading all this or is it just weekly stats and that?

Two weeks done and dusted once tomorrow is out of the way. Starting to notice differences again already. I'm finding it tougher to do this time around though as I have far less free time than I did in the summer and the last thing I want to do when I get home shattered in the evening is an hour of Insanity. I might start skipping the stretch day which would give me 5 days a week on and 2 off.

Starting week 7 today. Did my fit test first thing and doing workout tonight. Total movements on fit test have gone up from 353 at the start to 497 today (counting globe jumps x 4 as one movement).
Switch Kicks 103 - 105 - 130 - 132
Power Jacks 46 - 48 - 50 - 55
Power Knees 77 - 103 - 106 - 114
Power Jumps 38 - 57 - 51 - 65
Power Jumps 8 - 12 - 12 - 13
Suicide Jumps 16 - 18 - 18 - 21
Push up Jacks 20 - 25 - 30 - 30
Low Plank Obliques 45 - 60 - 63 - 67

Right just started this... Only done the fitness test and f***ing hell im knackered.

didnt help that I had a 6 hour shift and then two hours in the gym today though... but from reading this thread years ago it really does seem that it all works so im sticking it out.

Right just started this... Only done the fitness test and f***ing hell im knackered.

didnt help that I had a 6 hour shift and then two hours in the gym today though... but from reading this thread years ago it really does seem that it all works so im sticking it out.

If you are goosed off the fitness test, good luck because the proper workouts are twice as hard.

Massively imortant to follow the eating plan or at least something similar.

I saw a fuckwit doing this nonsense in the free weights area in Pure Gym............I was tempted to lash him all owa with my massive biceps

If you are goosed off the fitness test, good luck because the proper workouts are twice as hard.

Massively imortant to follow the eating plan or at least something similar.

Well clearly your going to be knackered after going all out in the fitness test? I would say if your not then your doing something wrong.

I had a nutrition plan from the gym so I should be fine.

Well just done day 2. My favorite thing is seeing the people with him (trainees?) crashing out of the workout for parts... dont care if its faked or not I enjoyed it :lol:

Onto the gym later!!

I've just started this today, i did the fit test yesterday and did the plyomertics today. Fuck me it is hard those level 3 drills nearly killed me and i thought i was quite fit! Definitely going to keep it up aswell as going to the gym 3 times per week and football 3 or 4 times; is this sustainable?

I have just fucked my shoulder up so have had to stop for a week or so to let it rest :( f***ing annoying as I was enjoying it.

I dont think enjoy is quite the right word :lol: I was knackered after the warm up but then kept pushing through until the last set of level 3 drills which were an absolute killer, never known burning like that in my quads before. Football is half an hours time :|

Back