Inguinal Hernia

I'm getting one repaired with mesh tomorrow anyone had this done. my trainers are size 9 before anyone asks

I had it done in 2013, not really painful just a bit sore for a few weeks. Pubes went a bit grey just on that side (don’t know what that’s all about).

My trainers are size 10 - but my chordie.s not like.

Had one side done about 7 years ago, and now got another to other side and on waiting list.
Straightforward really, and other than first nerve racking trip to toilet when back home, no problem

My mate had it done and they accidentally blocked up his anus with the mesh. He swelled up like a balloon and on his second op they accidentally cut his seminiferous tubules leading to a buildup of oestrogen leading to impotence and him developing breasts. So long as its not on the NHS you should be fine.

What symptoms you got? I have similar. Thought they’d stopped using mesh now though.

a lump the size of a tangerine pops out now and again on left hand side doesn't cause and serious pain just a niggle now and again, definitely a mesh repair,surgeon mentioned some new type they've been using

Just had my second one done a couple of months ago. Have some laxatives at hand to counteract the codeine and keep hold of a cushion to put some light pressure on where the repair is when getting up, coughing etc. First one I had done the recovery was a doddle, the second one has took longer and has been more painful. Good luck. Take the painkillers regularly and you will be fine.

Just had my second one done a couple of months ago. Have some laxatives at hand to counteract the codeine and keep hold of a cushion to put some light pressure on where the repair is when getting up, coughing etc. First one I had done the recovery was a doddle, the second one has took longer and has been more painful. Good luck. Take the painkillers regularly and you will be fine.

And use the cushion in the car on the way home to ease any sudden jerks.

Back