Infamous hardmen of Sunderland

• Thread starter Deleted member 27677
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hardest man in Sunderland is Daddyo.
Doesn't shout about it but the man is 6'8" of pure muscle and has the reflexes of a panther.

Spuggy lives next to me nana in Thorney. Was about 4 or 5 and shouted "Spuggys got a nugget heed" at him, uncle and his pals who will have been 14/15 then left me on a wall to face his wrath hahaha.

Mouse Ryan. Him and his lot were radged back in the day. Likes of will murray and that.
I remember them lot, they were a bit radged. Think Bertie's son knock about with them.

Spuggy lives next to me nana in Thorney. Was about 4 or 5 and shouted "Spuggys got a nugget heed" at him, uncle and his pals who will have been 14/15 then left me on a wall to face his wrath hahaha.

Mouse Ryan. Him and his lot were radged back in the day. Likes of will murray and that.

I know Mouse and his old man, have done since Mouse was bairn, he isn't a hard lad and wouldn't claim to be. His old fella is a different kettle of fish mind.

Vince Landa (Vincent Luvaglio) The scariest man i have had the privalige of knowing.
An evil bastard but a gentelman all the same.
Died alone in Essex.

Not saying that you're wrong marra, only that I've been unable to find any reference to it.

There's a fairly detailed account of his life at the link below.

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Ex-...flat-3-weeks/story-12989806-detail/story.html

Came across something else that may interest you.

Apparently, the card playing scene in Get Carter was shot in Dryderdale Hall and the house was, at that time, owned by?

You've guessed it!

Vince Landa!!

http://www.dryderdalehall.com/
The film was basically made about him, the Alf Roberts character was him.

Vince Landa (Vincent Luvaglio) The scariest man i have had the privalige of knowing.
An evil bastard but a gentelman all the same.

He always had an eye for an opportunity to make money. He bought the Castle pub/hotel on Claypath from a mate of mine for buttons when the lad decided to flee from a court case he was in danger of losing. Turned out the case against him was dropped in his absence. The lad in question ended up buying a Hotel in the Dam and had to flop that on for next to nowt when the British press ran an expose on his "business" dealings. :D

The film was basically made about him, the Alf Roberts character was him.

I read that he was, indeed, portrayed in the film but not as Brumby (the character played by Mosley) but rather the character Cyril Kinnear (the gangland boss) who was played by John Osborne.

He always had an eye for an opportunity to make money. He bought the Castle pub/hotel on Claypath from a mate of mine for buttons when the lad decided to flee from a court case he was in danger of losing. Turned out the case against him was dropped in his absence. The lad in question ended up buying a Hotel in the Dam and had to flop that on for next to nowt when the British press ran an expose on his "business" dealings. :D
Worked in his place at Stanhope Castle years ago and he was fine with me . Cups of tea and everything .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back