Inept officials.

Good finish though, football league officials aren't very good get over it

It was a good finish and play to the whistle comes to mind.
Our refs have been fine this season.

The linesman clearly got that one wrong at Swindon. Only thing I can think is he thought with the Northampton player stretching forward for the ball, he thought the attacker in the middle was level with the ball?

Apparently he thought the ball originally bounced and was not flicked on by their player.

Last edited:
Easy to moan and then want VAR at all professional levels once you are on the receiving end of a howler.

Last night an absolute bizarre off side goal given to Northampton in front of the linesman.
Everyone in the ground left bemused and my Cobblers mate in the away end level couldn’t believe it was given.

Ohh well we move on but the officials in the lower leagues as no doubt you are finding are not very good at getting the simple decisions right.
Let’s hope it evens out and we get some our way.

Decent win last night for you and proves it’s a tough league.

People moan when they haven't got VAR, then moan when they have got VAR!

Easy to moan and then want VAR at all professional levels once you are on the receiving end of a howler.

Last night an absolute bizarre off side goal given to Northampton in front of the linesman.
Everyone in the ground left bemused and my Cobblers mate in the away end level couldn’t believe it was given.

Ohh well we move on but the officials in the lower leagues as no doubt you are finding are not very good at getting the simple decisions right.
Let’s hope it evens out and we get some our way.

Decent win last night for you and proves it’s a tough league.
When I saw the score I thought bloody hell Swindon on tour will be fuming as you have had a good start... there's no accounting for the officials most are fairly mediocre at this level

By holding his hand over his head and clapping it as you would to claim for a handball?

I suspect you didn’t watch it and are trying to be clever.
I suspect you need to watch it again, he waves his hands in the air but he doesn't clap them or do anything that indicates he's indicating a handball. If we're both looking at the guy towards the edge of the box.....

I thought the ref was woeful in our game on Tuesday too, especially second half. Booked Conor McLaughlin because the winger he was running next to decided to dive into the air like a f***ing fanny. It was one of the most ridiculous attempts at play-acting I’ve seen for years yet it worked.

Not to mention their lump of a CB cleaning out O’Nien in their half which the ref decided to ignore before booking Leadbitter literally ten seconds later for tripping one of their players.

Absolute clown.

People moan when they haven't got VAR, then moan when they have got VAR!

Not a fan of it to be honest.
I liked how the Swindon player was claiming hand ball against the Keeper when he stopped that header on the line 😂😂😂😂😂

He was claiming the ball crossed the line.
It was very quick and no way would the linesman would have been able to make a call on that to be fair.
When I saw the score I thought bloody hell Swindon on tour will be fuming as you have had a good start... there's no accounting for the officials most are fairly mediocre at this level

I guess the benefits when your kids are older is that you can shout and swear rather than just shout ad Tuesday night being a prime example 😀

Last edited:

Back