Indian takeaway

I'm not a great fan of Indian takeaways as I find so many of them are indistinguishable from one another. Alishaan are ok but the best place I've found is Lasun in South Shields. Their food is genuinely a bit different from the standard curries (although they do them) and they have a good variety.
There was one near me which marketed itself as authentic Indian food. Ordered a few times and it was really nice food but different to most takeaways. Every curry we tried was different and full of good flavours. Unfortunately it only lasted about a year so other people mustn't have rated it.

There was one near me which marketed itself as authentic Indian food. Ordered a few times and it was really nice food but different to most takeaways. Every curry we tried was different and full of good flavours. Unfortunately it only lasted about a year so other people mustn't have rated it.
Yeah, the thing I really like about Lasun is that when you read the description of the dish you can actually taste the subtle flavours, so if it says the dish includes tamarind juice or vinegared mint you can actually taste them. I've found a lot of Indian takeaways seem pretty much the same with maybe some slight variation in spiciness and ingredients, even for their 'specialty dishes'.

Yeah, the thing I really like about Lasun is that when you read the description of the dish you can actually taste the subtle flavours, so if it says the dish includes tamarind juice or vinegared mint you can actually taste them. I've found a lot of Indian takeaways seem pretty much the same with maybe some slight variation in spiciness and ingredients, even for their 'specialty dishes'.
Exactly.

There was a Nepalese down the road at my old house. Never had anything like it. Chicken haryali and house special momo was the standard order and had never seen it anywhere else previously.

Struggling to find a takeaway with consistency lately. One week class, next week appalling. Had one from chom chom a few weeks back and was excellent got one the other day it was like pissy water.

Back