Indian takeaway

It's described as it on the site how would it compare to say a Madras, which is your preference out of both, I tend to go for onion bhaji,seekh kebab or chicken tikka to start, next week I'm making my own chicken tikka with Bombay potato which I can't wait for

I've not had madras in years, I never order off traditional menu.

My Mrs eats all 3 curries I've mentioned so that my judge on the not to hot scale :lol:

Garlic chilli Massala probably my favourite but all 3 are excellent.

Chicken momo for starter is nice

Coconut rice is also my rice choice, goes lovely with a spicy curry, also all the naan breads are excellent, none of those soggy things you get from most places (recommend the balti naan)

Last edited:

I've not had madras in years, I never order off traditional menu.

My Mrs eats all 3 curries I've mentioned so that my judge on the not to hot scale :lol:

Garlic chilli Massala probably my favourite but all 3 are excellent.

Chicken momo for starter is nice

Coconut rice is also my rice choice, goes lovely with a spicy curry, also all the naan breads are excellent, none of those soggy things you get from most places (recommend the balti naan)
Seekh kebab, garlic chilli masala, garlic nan

Was really good spicy but not to bad unless you get a few of the green chillies I would definitely have it again

Try Capsia anarl.

I just rotate between that, garlic chilli Massala and roshuni balti.

Just thought of another one that isn't spicy at all but tastes lovely

Kandhari

Highly flavoured barbecued chicken cooked with special mince meat and cheese

I know it's not a proper Indian dish and I've only had a couple before but I'd recommend anyone try a nanbab from Aroma Spice on Durham Road. I got one last night and it was absolutely superb. I generally stick with curries but had a couple of okay nanbabs from other places before but this was top quality.

They said they deliver to the southside (boo) for a quid, northsiders like me will have to pick it up. It was about 8 quid I think. Class value that.

Safe in what sense?

You think if anyone at a takeaway who gets COVID is going to tell anyone?

I've not heard a single takeaway shut due to COVID positive test.

Law of averages would suggest someone in the takeaway has had it.

I get takeaways weekly but if I was high risk if caught COVID I wouldn't be getting one.
We hAve at least 50 fish and chip shops closed with the virus or self isolating.
Of course , no one knows how many people they served before they were diagnosed.

Had an Akkis last night which is usually my favourite. Was really let down. Bloke handed me the poppadoms in the bag either upside down or on its side and they all fell out when I close the door to top it all off anarl haha

Petts wood fish shop. Opinions please fish master. Had it once since I moved. Fish good, batter passable, chips rubbish.

If I want f&c ill drive to Lee to get them still
If it’s “ the Village “ he buys the best fish. No excuse for poor chips at the moment as the potatoes are great.

If it’s “ the Village “ he buys the best fish. No excuse for poor chips at the moment as the potatoes are great.
Aye its the one next to Indian essence. Think the chips had been sitting there a while tbh. Fish was lovely. The one over the tracks next to spoons do good chips but never had the fish from there. Looked tired so didn't buy it.

Back