India

Status
Not open for further replies.

People telling these type of stories - you do realize you're not exactly doing a bang up sales job. I mean I'm all for a bit of adventure, don't need to be coddled in all inclusive every trip I go on but I do expect to return in one piece. With my balloon knot still attached.

:lol:

I get where you're coming from but it's still a massive life experience in a positive way. We did Mumbai, Goa and Chennai this winter and loved it, bits of it were horrific/ an endurance test but it's more than made up for by seeing stuff you'll never get anywhere else.

The way terrorism is going part of me wonders how safe places like Mumbai will be for Westerners in 15 years' time though :cry:

I went to India at the beginning of 2016 (New Delhi, Agra, Janipur), it was a mixed, but above all a very valuable experience, prepare for the following:

4) Toilets in India do not have toilet roll! bring your own wet wipes and I mean lots of them!!
5) Prepare for the event of getting an upset stomach, it's almost unavoidable. Bring necessary tablets and necessities.

Why do so many people have stomach problems? I may take my own food if I ever go there.

This. Might deserve to be logged in the 'unpopular opinions' thread but what a shit country. They think they're the cradle of civilization and the origin of all these peace loving religions but they've been fighting among themselves for millennia. The food is rank (I don't like curry, nor the BO smell of people who've eaten it recently). Mother Theresa was Albanian but lived there and she was a well-known little shithouse. As was Ghandi the Hitler-admiring nonce. They're always blathering on about how the British were twats to them ... OK they might have a point there but we also gave them a train system, an education system (wonder how many have the last name 'Engineer' now), a legal and parliamentary system, a military blueprint, one usable language instead of fifteen hundred unintelligible dialects, cricket and squash and gin-and-tonic and polo plus we tried to do away with their hideous caste system and despite still giving them millions in 'guilt' aid which they spend on a space program, as Stephen Fry said 80% of them own a mobile phone but only 50% get to shit on a flushing bog. And they're always calling me at ridiculous hours of the night with unbelievable Anglo names and trying to sell me crap or tell me my computer isn't working, the chuffing parasites. And to top all of this, with a few exceptions the 'wad' factor among their bewers is depressingly low and saris look shit.

Say what you really feel :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wait - no bog roll?
So does everyone carry their own or do they all walk around with a permanently brown eye?

Oh and I forgot to mention the Ganges. Yeah, they're all so cultured they worship a river. A RIVER. And while some people use it for drinking water others are washing their clothes in it and still others are pouring the ashes of the dead into it cos it's a magic river. But yeah they're all so cultured and the British are all heathens.

I had to pose for photos with loads of groups in a park in Bangalore. It was mental. I felt like a weird celebrity or something. The white lass I was with just forced out of most of the images. :lol:
Was that the park with the old victorian Crystal palace copy.Guide tried to quote us £20 each for a 30min tour, he got no where near that, but my son was asked to pose for photos with an Indian family and they were as happy as larry that he did it.

:lol:

I get where you're coming from but it's still a massive life experience in a positive way. We did Mumbai, Goa and Chennai this winter and loved it, bits of it were horrific/ an endurance test but it's more than made up for by seeing stuff you'll never get anywhere else.

The way terrorism is going part of me wonders how safe places like Mumbai will be for Westerners in 15 years' time though :cry:
Going to Goa in January any tips would be appreciated.

Haven't been to India but I fully recommend Sri Lanka. We did a full tour of of the island. Wonderful experience. Saw India play a test against the home team too in Galle. Met Sangakarra and Virat Kohli at our hotel too. Perfect!

Was that the park with the old victorian Crystal palace copy.Guide tried to quote us £20 each for a 30min tour, he got no where near that, but my son was asked to pose for photos with an Indian family and they were as happy as larry that he did it.
Yeah, that's it. Cost us about 80p entry! Haha! I was harangued about 6 times for photos in all. Turned the first ones away an then my friend made me feel bad so I posed for the rest. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back