India v South Africa test series

Test cricket in India is so shit

Flat pitches

Win the toss, bat well and the games over

It’s shy averages always need context, our lads play half their cricket when it’s seeming and swinging, just a different game
So on the flip side to that would you say their quicks who have good averages are better than quicks who bowl most their overs in england, aus, SA, NZ etc?

Genuine question

So on the flip side to that would you say their quicks who have good averages are better than quicks who bowl most their overs in england, aus, SA, NZ etc?

Genuine question

I’d like to jump in on this - simply put, no. However there’ve been some fantastic quick bowlers from the subcontinent over the years who will never get the kind of recognition that their talent deserves because of the pitches they play on.

Similarly, I’ve never been able to get completely excited about subcontinental spinners because they’re aided so much by conditions.

I may be wrong to hold this opinion - but Shane Warne was the greatest spinner of my lifetime. Better than Muralitharan and deserving of more plaudits because of what he achieved on pitches that in the main had nothing in them for him.

Test cricket in India is so shit

Flat pitches

Win the toss, bat well and the games over

It’s shy averages always need context, our lads play half their cricket when it’s seeming and swinging, just a different game
India have now won 11 home games on the bounce.
I haven't checked but would guess that a good number of those were achieved after losing the toss.

Only Hamza, Bavuma and Linde showing any real appetite to battle it out for the Saffers. The only question is will it be an innings and over 200 runs defeat, or innings and under 200?

Back