india v pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

come on Pakistan. Just got to stay with the rate and not lose too many wickets then if needed their big hitters can take the game away from india

WTF was that

eddyfinn said:
they have there have one of their best batsmen in now Younes Khan and the other Misbah to come in. I think they will do it.

Hope you're right but the asking rate is already nearing a run a ball. As you say a lot depends on Younis.

as long as it doesn't get bigger than that they will be fine with Afridi and Razzaq to come in and blast it

I hope they dont pin their hopes on Afridi. His batting has been as good as useless in this tournament. Comes in, swings, misses, and gets out.

I hope they dont pin their hopes on Afridi. His batting has been as good as useless in this tournament. Comes in, swings, misses, and gets out.
Teams always tend to put too much pressure on their big hitters. They let the rate get up to 8/9 an over with the attitude of it'll be alright because so-and-so is still to come in.

When they fail though the team are well and truly screwed. Pinning your hopes on 1 or 2 batsmen is always an extremely risky game; they'd be much better off having the established batsmen try and keep the rate well and truly down to ease the pressure on the rest.

Pathetic innings from Younus Khan. 13 from 32 has put the pressure well and truly onto his team now.

Why didn't they take the powerplay when Afridi/Razzaq/Akmal were in?

Using it now is just a complete waste.

TBH Pakistan let them off the hook. 260 looked a reasonable score but not an ungettable one. Afridi's batting isnt what it once was, although perhaps someone can tell me if his whirlwind innings were always one offs every 20 innings.

Afridi's batting isnt what it once was, although perhaps someone can tell me if his whirlwind innings were always one offs every 20 innings.
In 48 test innings he averages a very healthy 36.51 with 5 100's; which shows he's always had potential in his batting.

In ODI's however he only averages 23. It's a shame he's a bit of an idiot otherwise he would be one of the most destructive batsmen on the planet. Right now he's just a joke of a player.

he has been hit hard by 20/20 cricket and has infact adapt himself far too much to it that is why he quit test cricket.

In 48 test innings he averages a very healthy 36.51 with 5 100's; which shows he's always had potential in his batting.

In ODI's however he only averages 23. It's a shame he's a bit of an idiot otherwise he would be one of the most destructive batsmen on the planet. Right now he's just a joke of a player.
I just cant wire him up TBH. As you say massively destructive when he wants to be but its not very often nowadays.

shame really. His bowling however is another thing or has been in this WC.

half the workforce on cloud 9 the other half looking for blood

they all think the boss is a bit of a guru mind, won the prediction comp with a guess of India by 34 runs :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back