India v England series

He’s not like, why is he?

He’s getting plum position at 6 like
He needs runs, don't get me wrong. But the whole "England have bent over backwards for him" thing? Bollox. Let's not forget that he's had to keep wicket before, and that he was dropped into number 4 for his Test debut and subsequent series despite never having batted above 6 for Surrey, and dropped when he didn't set the world alight.

The revisionsism is astounding

He needs runs, don't get me wrong. But the whole "England have bent over backwards for him" thing? Bollox. Let's not forget that he's had to keep wicket before, and that he was dropped into number 4 for his Test debut and subsequent series despite never having batted above 6 for Surrey, and dropped when he didn't set the world alight.

The revisionsism is astounding

I think he has a point personally, considering other players have had to move up the order.

On seperate note, I find this perplexing, I am sensitive to his issues, but isnt this part of the job?

Marcus Trescothick: I am ready to tour — but not for stints of three months

Headline from the times

4th test XI

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root c
Pope
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes( farcical he has been sent home when he had not played.Would have strengthened batting.Ed Smith is a numpty)
Broad
Archer
Leach

Gotta laugh at some of the posts.on here mind.

Saying if we.prepared pitches over jere to suit our bowlers wed comfortably beat india. Yet when they do it its a disgrace to test cricket 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Saying if we.prepared pitches over jere to suit our bowlers wed comfortably beat india. Yet when they do it its a disgrace to test cricket 🤷‍♂️
Behave man. We don't prepare pitches anywhere near like India have.

If anything, we've moaned on this board in the past that we dont do that.

People trot this bullshit out but it's so erroneous it's laughable. The main issue for touring sides in England are the overhead conditions. Now if you tell me that the ECB control the countries weather...

Just go with Bess, Leach and Virdi, with Root as back up. Wood can aim at some heads for variety - particularly Rohit. Don't even need to bother with Stokes really.

:lol: we dont do that

you think the ECB arrange for cloud cover to come over? :lol:

its hillarious how little you know about cricket like, I genuinely dont even think you understand he rules.

B b b b b but sometimes in England pitches are green! And it's cloudy! And sometimes drops of water fall from the sky! HOW IS THAT FAIR?

^^^^ idiots be like
People keep saying we only moan because we don’t play spin very well forgetting India have looked pretty poor as well. There’s only Rohit that’s looked comfortable at all, they just have 2 good accurate spinners whereas we just have the 1 in Leach

People keep saying we only moan because we don’t play spin very well forgetting India have looked pretty poor as well. There’s only Rohit that’s looked comfortable at all, they just have 2 good accurate spinners whereas we just have the 1 in Leach
Precisely.

Batting in England is tough because of the overheads, but not impossible. An average first innings score is probably 280-350 - get 400, and you're well in the game.

In these Tests, getting 200 will probably win you the game. You literally cannot compare

Joe Root got 5 for 8

the poster doesnt know his cricket

england dont prepare pitches where Keaton Jennings can bowl 5 for 8

Back