India v England series

Devils advocate here but can they even prepare a decent pitch there with it being so new? Remember the Rose Bowl used to be shocking when it first opened
Good point and that’s not a ground that’s getting baked at 35c + every day either.

But it shouldn’t be that hard new ground or not, they managed ok in Chennai.

I’m no groundsman but I guess the basic equation is something like: more water + more grass left on x the more you roll it = a pitch that lasts longer than 2 days

Last edited:
Good point and that’s not a ground that’s getting baked at 35c + every day either.

But it shouldn’t be that hard new ground or not, they managed ok in Chennai.

I’m no groundsman but I guess the basic equation is something like: more water + more grass left on x the more you roll it = a pitch that lasts longer than 2 days
There’s no doubt it was completely under prepared and unsuitable, but going forward they might find it difficult to produce a belter even if they want to. Which would be a shame for the one day stuff coming up at the same ground

There’s no doubt it was completely under prepared and unsuitable, but going forward they might find it difficult to produce a belter even if they want to. Which would be a shame for the one day stuff coming up at the same ground
Gonna be fascinating to see what they produce for the one day stuff for sure,

Also what the pitch is like next week too, will tell us if they’re taking the threat of sanctions seriously. Or if there is even any real possibility. There’s suggestions if the pitch is reported poor this Test, and the next one, they could end up with enough demerit points that the stadium gets a 12 or 18 month ban.

With a T20 World Cup coming up, would be a massive blow for them (not sure if there’ll be IPL games there as well) but when the stadium is named after the most powerful man in India and it’s Indian umpires that would be responsible for reporting it,what odds they do??

mind I still think the pink ball and the fact we batted badly had as much to do with the last Test as the pitch did.

Last edited:
That would probably mean something like:

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Lawrence/Pope
Foakes
Bess
Leach
Anderson

Probably means opening with spin from one end if that’s the case.

Aye, we are illprepared for this

Worse oppsition but Sri Lanka 3 years ago we realised that unconvntional is better on these pitches

Its why the calls for Jenning on these pitches were a good shout, Sibley n co learning nothin here

the games will be so short we dont need anymore than 1 seamer

Pick every batter in the squad

Aye, we are illprepared for this

Worse oppsition but Sri Lanka 3 years ago we realised that unconvntional is better on these pitches

Its why the calls for Jenning on these pitches were a good shout, Sibley n co learning nothin here

the games will be so short we dont need anymore than 1 seamer

Pick every batter in the squad
Jennings does nothing for me at this level tbh even on subcontinental pitches

More I think about the more I wish we’d gone with 3 spinners in that 2nd Test rather than dropping Bess.

Back