india v england 1st t20

Status
Not open for further replies.
T20?? Load of f***ing shite. We battered them at proper cricket. Let them have their baseball win against our reserves ;)

Always going to be difficult with such an inexperienced side and a batsmen short. Luke wright and hales looked good, wright imo should be back in the odi team

Get Pietersen in for Lumb and we'll be fine.

I like Dernbach, for every bad game there's one highly impressive one. At least he tries different things - slower balls, yorkers etc. Can't expect him to bowl perfectly every game. He's a match winner on his day and I'd much rather play him than a 'safe' selection such as Bresnan.

never have rated Dernbach, fail to understand the fuss about him

Get Pietersen in for Lumb and we'll be fine.

I like Dernbach, for every bad game there's one highly impressive one. At least he tries different things - slower balls, yorkers etc. Can't expect him to bowl perfectly every game. He's a match winner on his day and I'd much rather play him than a 'safe' selection such as Bresnan.

Agree with that. Bresnan is no more than a good county player. He shouldn't be anywhere near the Test or ODI squads. He's had his chance IMO and he isn't the all-rounder we need.

He can bowl the ball slowly in loads of different ways. Oh, and he keeps the South African quota up.

if it werent for the South African quota in the test side (KP and Trott who are the onkly two with averages above 50 I believe) we would be competing with New Zealand and WI

if it werent for the South African quota in the test side (KP and Trott who are the onkly two with averages above 50 I believe) we would be competing with New Zealand and WI

Yet strangely you never include Trott as being any good when saying we solely rely on Cook and Pietersen. If it wasnt for Cook and Trott and Pietersen and Prior and Anderson and Swann we wouldnt be as good as we are thats for sure.

Yet strangely you never include Trott as being any good when saying we solely rely on Cook and Pietersen. If it wasnt for Cook and Trott and Pietersen and Prior and Anderson and Swann we wouldnt be as good as we are thats for sure.

KP and Cook are world class, Trott is the best of the rest

So you have named 3 batsmen 2 of which you think are world class a 3rd averages over 50 yet most experts argue Englands strength is in the bowling yet you think we are a 2 man team?

Good to see another thread on here ending up discussing the exact rubbish

I thought Hales was impressive today.

Our fielding was a disgrace from ball 1, a lot of things to improve on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back