Income Tax

Of course. Because I'm resident in a different country.

What is the income tax I pay per month contributing towards when I'm not even able to get into the country for my job?

Any service I pay towards via my income tax is totally useless to me when I'm stuck in Spain (and will be for the next couple of months as well).
Are you wanting the Tax back for yourself or do you just want it paying to the Spanish while you are stuck there? ;)

So someone who is registered for tax in the U.K. say Alan Sugar is ‘stuck’ in a different country let’s say Florida but you think the income tax due during this period on his UK business should be refunded as he’s having an extended holiday ?

what on earth are you on about

So someone who is registered for tax in the U.K. say Alan Sugar is ‘stuck’ in a different country let’s say Florida but you think the income tax due during this period on his UK business should be refunded as he’s having an extended holiday ?

That sums up my thoughts exactly.

Obviously I'm probably the only one in the current situation - but with having to work from home (in Spain) the last 3 months, am I right to feel a bit pissed off about paying a couple of grand tax in Gibraltar since then?

Will I have a leg to stand on about getting it back, or will the offended brigade think I'm worse than a serial killer for wanting it returned?

Alright man Branson. Dry your eyes.

Obviously I'm probably the only one in the current situation - but with having to work from home (in Spain) the last 3 months, am I right to feel a bit pissed off about paying a couple of grand tax in Gibraltar since then?

Will I have a leg to stand on about getting it back, or will the offended brigade think I'm worse than a serial killer for wanting it returned?

Worse, You may as well stamp on kittens

Bit of a difference to being on a holiday from the country you pay tax in, you f***ing idiot.
Worse, You may as well stamp on kittens

Way ahead of ya.

Whees looking after the Monkeys while you are here like?

I'm guessing that as your employer knows that you're resident in Spain there is some agreement between the relevant tax authorities that ensures some of your tax finds its way to Spain. This probably happens quite bit on the borders of EU countries (I know one of our Switzerland-based suppliers employs a few French nationals as it's right next to the border). Mind, this is likely due to EU law (which we're still transitioning from) so fuck knaas what'll happen from next year.

I'm guessing that as your employer knows that you're resident in Spain there is some agreement between the relevant tax authorities that ensures some of your tax finds its way to Spain. This probably happens quite bit on the borders of EU countries (I know one of our Switzerland-based suppliers employs a few French nationals as it's right next to the border). Mind, this is likely due to EU law (which we're still transitioning from) so fuck knaas what'll happen from next year.

Really good point(s).

:lol:

Seriously man, what sort of reaction did you expect?

The country is on its arse and you're belly-aching because you can't dodge paying income tax on the income that you're earning.

What the fuck has England being on its arse got to do with me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Back