Incident at Tate Modern Art Gallery...

I think its equally as horrid that some think just because hes autistic it gives some form of "excuse" for what he did.

I saw similiar excuses for the Sandy Hook shooter and its complete BS imo - absolutely plenty of autistic and mentally challenged/slow folk who pose no harm to anyone.

This wanker is evil and has probably gotten through life doing whatever he's wanted and any act of violence or rage is blamed on his condition.

Lock him up and throw away the key- should be minimum 25-30 years the scumbag.
I know plenty of able bodies people who are aware that there's different levels and different types of autism.

Its a good job they, and not you, are responsible for diagnosis and sentencing guidelines.

You're absolutely clueless.

I didn’t know it was, nor do I think it is. It’s obvious you were suggesting something more than the plain statement you made.

I don’t believe I have at any point suggested no imprisonment.
Obvious to you apparently, but you'd be incorrect on that assumption.

I know plenty of able bodies people who are aware that there's different levels and different types of autism.

Its a good job they, and not you, are responsible for diagnosis and sentencing guidelines.

You're absolutely clueless.

Not clueless at all - you see the word "autism" and assume it played a part in his crime when that for me is rubbish.

The lad himself said he wanted to kill someone to make the news and get put in prison - he's quite clearly a sane person who knows right from wrong.

He's no more mentally challenged than a Peter Sutcliffe and hopefully he gets alot of time behind bars.

Im not disputing the authorities messed up here - but to blame his condition is crap when plenty of folk with severe autism dont want to kill people to make the news - same way plenty of "normal" people don't have that desire but sadly you have a minority that do like school shooters / spree killers.

Not clueless at all - you see the word "autism" and assume it played a part in his crime when that for me is rubbish.

The lad himself said he wanted to kill someone to make the news and get put in prison - he's quite clearly a sane person who knows right from wrong.

He's no more mentally challenged than a Peter Sutcliffe and hopefully he gets alot of time behind bars.

Im not disputing the authorities messed up here - but to blame his condition is crap when plenty of folk with severe autism dont want to kill people to make the news - same way plenty of "normal" people don't have that desire but sadly you have a minority that do like school shooters / spree killers.

He has schizophrenia.

You've got no idea, literaly no idea, what you're talking about but you're really opinionated about it anyway.

You've got no idea, literaly no idea, what you're talking about but you're really opinionated about it anyway.

Aye so he killed your wife or kid im sure you'll be on here telling us all why he should be getting a reduced sentence because despite knowing what he did was wrong its sound because he has autism.

Thats the problem with society- we care way too much for the abusers and not for the victim its a weird phenomenon that has us blaming people scraping by on benefits and poor immigrants whilst billionaires and bankers dodge millions in tax.

Last edited:
Aye so he killed your wife or kid im sure you'll be on here telling us all why he should be getting a reduced sentence because despite knowing what he did was wrong its sound because he has autism.

Thats the problem with society- we care way too much for the abusers and not for the victim its a weird phenomenon that has us blaming people scraping by on benefits and poor immigrants whilst billionaires and bankers dodge millions in tax.

He has schizophrenia.

Ah the “your wife and kid argument”

the law is meant to be rational. That’s why relatives of a victim aren’t involved in sentencing, because they understandably can’t separate emotion from rational thought

Ah the “your wife and kid argument”

the law is meant to be rational. That’s why relatives of a victim aren’t involved in sentencing, because they understandably can’t separate emotion from rational thought

I agree - however when the law becomes that out of touch something needs injecting into it to wake it up.

I gurantee more people will be arsed about the accused than the poor kid who'll never fully recover from his injuries and can barely walk.

But lets be honest the Bulger case shown this countries justice system for the shambles it is - Venables attending Goodison less than decade after torturing and murdering a bairn.

Boils my blood marra.

The woman next door has Schizophrenia, she hasn't hurt anyone ever.
It’s clearly not that simple
I agree - however when the law becomes that out of touch something needs injecting into it to wake it up.

I gurantee more people will be arsed about the accused than the poor kid who'll never fully recover from his injuries and can barely walk.

But lets be honest the Bulger case shown this countries justice system for the shambles it is - Venables attending Goodison less than decade after torturing and murdering a bairn.

Boils my blood marra.
I’ll ask you a question. Which countries’ justice system should we aim to replicate?

It’s clearly not that simple

I’ll ask you a question. Which countries’ justice system should we aim to replicate?

I honestly dont know as its a complex thing - however as someone who's been brought up to know right from wrong its annoying that the system seems to be so lax in the punishment of those who know what they are doing is wrong but continue to do so.

We've gone from a generation that settled there differences with fisticuffs to going out knifing someone with little to no remorse - we are the makers of our own problems in this country.

Back