In the course of it's lifetime, does a car

Lad i worked with had previously worked on a building site and was nominated to go to the chippy for dinner,
Having not turned up after an hour the foreman told them all to get back to work.
Around 3 hours later he turns up with cold chips and the explanation that he couldn't turn right at junctions :eek::lol:

Said driving wasn't for him and hadn't bothered since.

This is both incredibly pointless and incredibly intriguing ng at the same time.

It feels like there should be a rational answer. I bet the side of the road we drive on makes us different to a lot of the rest of the world.

Apparently UPS in the states elimiminate left turns in their route planning, to the point 90% of their turns are right.

It reduces crashes and is more efficient in both delivery times and fuel as vans aren't idling waiting for gaps in traffic. It saves them millions of gallons of fuel and therefore they can pretend they are reducing their carbon footprint and claim they give a fuck about hippies.

Last edited:
Without putting any science into the matter I kind of reckon the turns would be the same although it could be manipulated if, say, on the way to work you repeatedly went two or three times round a certain roundabout but didn't do same on the way home. But nobody is daft enough to do that. :D

Without putting any science into the matter I kind of reckon the turns would be the same although it could be manipulated if, say, on the way to work you repeatedly went two or three times round a certain roundabout but didn't do same on the way home. But nobody is daft enough to do that. :D
Think about how fucked our town centre has been with different one way systems over the years. I bet there is a difference.

Cambers on roads must have some bearing on wear and tear. I reckon most lanes drain to the left, although I'm not clever enough to work out what that means.

If you drive from A to B and back again, any left turn or right turn bias ratio will be more balanced.

It may even completely balance

It simple mathematics really

It will never balance if you factor in drivers like myself.

When faced with a strange roundabout I’ll circumnavigate it several times before choosing an exit to suit my fancy.

Probably more right due to the roundabout systems of the UK. Just a guess mind.
You always turn left off a roundabout though :confused:

If you drive from A to B and back again, any left turn or right turn bias ratio will be more balanced.

It may even completely balance

It simple mathematics really
Not if you take one way systems into account .

Last edited:
Going to work I do 7 left and 4 right.
Coming home I do 8 left and 5 right.

Go home a slightly different way due to the A1 entrances and exists.

True, but the left is just a short left in general, granted it may well be the first exit mind where there is no right involved.
First exit would be more left, 2nd exit generally about the same left or right.
If you're going for the 3rd, 4th or more exits then more right.

WATTBA.

Then factor in people not wanting to turn right and cross traffic and you've got your loony lefties that are mentioned on these pages.

Evens.
One way roads would tip it to left imo ,as in joining them

Back