In a Taxi in Athens

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Yes, look at me, pathetic etc etc) and just passed a shop front with a huge University of Sunderland logo on it.
Well given it were yea who started thread that was a better ending than I expected. I was expecting a look what ive just bought thread, involving a gibson bazouki or something :lol:

My Mrs is Greek and she used to always say to me "It's not the Greeks". Sorry like, it is the Greeks. Fake currency everywhere, scamming, ripping people off left right and centre.

The family have an older American guy staying with them from tonight, he has paid for himself and travelled over from the States to do some charity work. First day in Athens, mugged all his money taken. I'll meet him later and hear the story.

The Mrs lost her passport in Ios and we had to go to Athens to get a travel document. We were wandering about in this park right in the centre and I went into the bushes for a piss leaving her on the path - I heard a scream and ran back and this bloke was standing in front of her windmilling his nob. Funny buggers your Greeks. :neutral:

Finished a contract in Piraeus and got a taxi from the port there to Athens airport. Every other car was a BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc.......and this was during their financial crash. Horrible place.

The Mrs lost her passport in Ios and we had to go to Athens to get a travel document. We were wandering about in this park right in the centre and I went into the bushes for a piss leaving her on the path - I heard a scream and ran back and this bloke was standing in front of her windmilling his nob. Funny buggers your Greeks. :neutral:

Funny that, there is a post on the Olympiakos forum about a Greek woman seeing a Brit in the bushes with his knob out.......

I liove Athens me. Some really good bars and great food. Dodgy enough of course but take care and it's fine.

Mind the Greek economy is everyone's fault there. The culture is not to pay tax. Fakalaki I think they call it. Brown envelopes to the local tax inspector. It was always going to collapse.

Had a thirst for knowledge iirc. A lot of them did sculpting.

Their dad's were minted back then, probably common people these days given the state of the economy over there now though.
:lol: very good. And the first thing I thought of when seeing a student/Greece combo :)

I liove Athens me. Some really good bars and great food. Dodgy enough of course but take care and it's fine.

Mind the Greek economy is everyone's fault there. The culture is not to pay tax. Fakalaki I think they call it. Brown envelopes to the local tax inspector. It was always going to collapse.
Aye that's the right word/term.

My best and only defence against these feral pick pocketing scum when I was travelling around Greece was to dress like a scrofulous tramp and they left me alone. I'd see other back packers with that 'fresh off the boat' look gettingnaccosted left right and centre.
What an excellent word. Have a like.

I thought your post was going to read "....and fecking shitting myself!!"

I certainly was in the taxis I got in Athens. Absolutely mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back