Imam called for armed jihad where arena bomber prayed

I'm not defending anyone, simply pointing out we don't know. I've given my opinion on what we do know and that the place should be shut down if it is preaching hate.

We're not all like you who swallows any old anti-Muslim shite, you've concluded the bomber turned up to that sermon on the basis he used to attend 7 years ago ffs.
The bomber prayed at the mosque. No one is saying that one sermon turned him into a terrorist. It is more likely that sermons of this type happened regularly and being exposed to this type of preaching radicalised him over a longer period.

Exactly. It's 19 month old and were just seeing it now - over a year and a half and 22 deaths & countless injuries later. I would hazard a guess the person who recorded it, took it so he could show it to other like minded people and not to expose this imam. The reason it's probably come to light now is it's probably been shown to that many people eventually someone who disagreed with it decided to blow the whistle.

I think the nature of the report suggests it hasn't been in the possession of the security services as the BBC would have stated that.

I should think it will be by now, having been discussed on the SMB.

Religion is bad. This one is the worst
Not all religion is bad, it has many good points. I was brought up in a strict Catholic upbringing and although I don't go to church now and disagree with some of the ways of Catholicism, I saw many good things about the religion.
The bad is mainly how 'some' people twist scripture and doctrine to suit their own selfish agenda.

Not all religion is bad, it has many good points. I was brought up in a strict Catholic upbringing and although I don't go to church now and disagree with some of the ways of Catholicism, I saw many good things about the religion.
The bad is mainly how 'some' people twist scripture and doctrine to suit their own selfish agenda.
The Catholic Church was built on twisted scripture. Good name for a bandrink.

mosques have more than one room, right? so hypothetically speaking, the radical bullshit may not have been carried out in front of the entire congregation yeah? which would explain why the majority of visitors had no idea that it was going on, and therefore couldn't report it. like if there's a load of criminals dealing drugs in a pub in the 'back room'. 80 year old David who sups 5 pints of John Smiths and goes home has no idea that the lads out back are flogging kilos of gear to their associates :lol:

mosques have more than one room, right? so hypothetically speaking, the radical bullshit may not have been carried out in front of the entire congregation yeah? which would explain why the majority of visitors had no idea that it was going on, and therefore couldn't report it. like if there's a load of criminals dealing drugs in a pub in the 'back room'. 80 year old David who sups 5 pints of John Smiths and goes home has no idea that the lads out back are flogging kilos of gear to their associates :lol:
If this was the case then there should be not tarring with the same brush. The problem is that we don't know the full facts of what happened? If there was a whole congregation that stayed silent, then that is a concern?
Speculation should never be portrayed as fact and judgement reserved until the true facts are revealed.

If this was the case then there should be not tarring with the same brush. The problem is that we don't know the full facts of what happened? If there was a whole congregation that stayed silent, then that is a concern?
Speculation should never be portrayed as fact and judgement reserved until the true facts are revealed.
yeah that was my point. if they all knew and said nowt, then that needs addressing sharpish. if it was going on out of earshot/sight of the main congregation, then they literally have no idea.

Back